Places to rent carpet cleaners?

Soldato
Looking to rent a carpet cleaner. The type that washes the carpet and sucks it up, leaving the carpet relatively dry.

My sister mentioned Homebase and B&Q, but i don't think they rent stuff?

Anyone help?

Thanks

EDIT: as you can see I managed to get one - its a rug doctor from Homebase.

Last edited:
Associate
Try Sainsburys as well depending on how big the store is - in fact most supermarkets appear to have an outlet. One came in handy last year after a rather excessive house party.

Suspended
rossyl said:
Looking to rent a carpet cleaner. The type that washes the carpet and sucks it up, leaving the carpet relatively dry.

My sister mentioned Homebase and B&Q, but i don't think they rent stuff?

Anyone help?

Thanks

Just buy one. They've come down in price, about £110 get's you a VAX. We've got one with the cleaning hose pipe, but not the handheld accesory.

Used it more than one occasion, trapsed mud all over the carpet and that takes it off too.

Clean the carpets in the summer time.

Soldato
OP
[ Ry ] said:
B&Q will do doing Rug Doctor from end of Feb/start of march nationwide and it's roughly £30 for 24hrs and its fantastic!

Well i rented a rug doctor.

However its left the carpet smelly a bit funny. Like damp.

The carpets are only a year old, have been well look after, and are very good quality. So the smell has come from the machine.

I presume it hasn't been properly cleaned.

OR is this something you experienced as well?

Soldato
It's not necessarily the machine per se.

Do you have pets?

I know a professional carpet cleaner and he gets called in a lot after the cheaper rental machines have lifted the dirt/odours out of the bottom of the pile and then not picked it up or dried it properly.

This allows dormant odours to come to the fore and they can be quite potent.

Associate
We rented a Rug Doctor last weekend. Have just purchased a new property and although the carpets were not old needed a good clean. Cost £19.99 for 24 hours from our local dry cleaners, plus about £8 for the solution.

I was amazed at the results! Would recommend to anyone (even if you think your carpet is not that dirty) - wait till u see the colour of the water you throw away :)

Remember, if its not RED its NOT a Rug Doctor ;)

Back
Top Bottom