PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Oooh, wasn't expecting another patch this soon....

Players,

Today we look at what we have changed in our 26th weekly patch.

This patch will be deployed to the Test Servers on September 19th KST, and to the Live Servers if everything is stable.

Early Access – Week 26 – Patch Notes

UI/UX
  • Added the following feature to the Map Help section on the World Map: Marking your character's current position (Default key set to Insert)

Other
  • You may no longer modify ini files to set a key bind for multiple actions on the same key

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that enabled angled foregrip to attach to Tommy Gun
  • Fixed a graphic bug regarding building locations
  • Fixed an animation bug that appeared when a character used healing or boosting items in the driver's seat
  • Fixed a bug that did not cancel a player's reload if the character was knocked out during the reload
  • Fixed a bug where an uncooked grenade could explode if a character was knocked out while holding it
  • Fixed a graphic bug that would cause a black box texture to appear while scoped when Anti-Aliasing was set to Low or Very Low in the Settings

See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2888353806322845017

Soldato
I might be wrong but I think that's an old patch.

Unless they're claiming to add things after they've already added them.

Insert is already in.
modifying ini files for multi keybinds seems to be dead.

Soldato
its weird how your game play changes the more you play it.i used to go pochinky all the time.then when you realize that place is a big trap you go elsewhere.now i just drop school every time. if you get out alive you often have 3-4 kill min then continue with decent loot.pop over flats finish off any there then go where ever circle goes.only real place i don't like is military.

I'm the same, I never ever drop to the Military Zone as it's a total bumfight with a low probability of survival, equally I stay away from the care packages unless I'm meters away when they first drop as you know some scumbag has his 8x aiming directly at it.

Bridges are a no go as well in squad, can't remember the last time I tried to go over the one of the bridges and not seeing barricaded by 2 / 3 jeeps with a squad aiming directly at you.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Caporegime
you will get a nice big jump.people hold onto 2500ks as if they the best thing since sliced bread.in many modern games there is massive differences in fps to modern cpus.when i first bench marked bf1 in 64 mp i knew the day of i5s were over. even though you should get a very nice boost i would wait for coffee lake tbh.so close now makes no sense to go 7700k when thats almost here.when you go here please post about how much better it is :p

pubg is a 2017 game you want modern gear.most people you see with performance issues are older pcs.it will be optimized but not by that much to make a 2011 cpu turn into a 2017 one lol.

shows how much you know a 2500K overclocked to 4.5ghz is essentially only 20% slower than a 2017 i5 CPU. 20% isn't a huge leap over 6 years. you expect that amount of a leap on at least a yearly basis.

the 2500K when overclocked is perfectly fine. the game runs like poo on any system. it's probably the fact he's using DDR3 that is holding him back more so. SSD help a lot as well as it's an open world game.

a 1080ti with a 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz should be hitting 100+ fps with the right settings at 2K.

i get 100+ fps with a 7600K @ stock using just a 1080 and the ti is considerably faster. the 2500K is on it's last legs but it's definitely not a slow CPU when overclocked it's only slightly slower than my 7600K.

Soldato
So did I, in fact I've just checked the September update notes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1453956698903078380

The insert bind is already in that, but I couldn't see the .ini changes.

EDIT: Ah wait, they are just adding the insert thing to the 'help' menu on the right of the map. :)

Ahh I thought it was just badly worded :(. Patch notes filler :D.

I tried the multi bind yesterday as I got fed up with pressing them myself guess I just screwed it up.

Ok my pitchfork is back in the shed!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Also its worth noting this....

WARNING: Bluehole has just edited their previous forum statement regarding editing .ini files

That post was deleted, however this is the forum thread in discussion.

Previous statement:

We don't recommend users to alter their default game configuration .ini files or launch options. If advanced users wish to do so, we cannot guarantee the game will work as intended and are unable to provide support related to any changes to these files.

Updated statement:

No, editing any game files to gain an unfair advantage is against the Rules of Conduct. This includes changing any game configuration files to result in changes that cannot be made via the in-game settings menu.

Caporegime
I'm the same, I never ever drop to the Military Zone as it's a total bumfight with a low probability of survival, equally I stay away from the care packages unless I'm meters away when they first drop as you know some scumbag has his 8x aiming directly at it.

Bridges are a no go as well in squad, can't remember the last time I tried to go over the one of the bridges and not seeing barricaded by 2 / 3 jeeps with a squad aiming directly at you.

you would be surprised how many crates never get looted because nobody has the balls to go for them. most are usually near nobody as well and easy free loot. if your on foot then it's a risk. using a vehicle then easy loot. that is the mistake most people make. running to crates is like saying shoot at me.

also if people are bridge camping then it's fairly obvious. why not ambush them, use their same tactics on them. wait for them to leave the bridge and then fire 100 bullets into their vehicle or pick them off by letting them go past you then lining up shots from behind.

if you know what other people are doing then it's easy to set up a counter. it's when you don't know what people are doing it's hard to counter. after the first 2 circles i never go near any buildings as i know that is where people like to hide/camp. instead i set up near them pointed at the exits.

Soldato
I take it in duo/squad when you get killed you dont get to spectate your body because i guess then you could tell your team where the enemy is or when he is looting your body?

You do spectate your body for a time from a fixed angle and can abuse it a little but it's not game breaking. I normally hit the spectate mode as soon as i'm dead so not sure how long until it kicks you into spectate.

Is there a report button btw? It would be nice if there was a sort of shadowplay report mode where you could upload the last 5 or 10 seconds of your gameplay for reporting for hacking/abuse etc etc.

There is a report button but they won't action it unless you follow up with video. it also can't just be a snippet of video, it needs a little while before any "incidents" to give context.

For example, you might report someone for tk'ing you...however you could have easily been baiting them into doing it so without the build up to an incident, it's not really actionable for a ban.

Shadowplay has built in functionaility with PUBG now, it automatically crops your kills/knockouts/death and wins, you choose what you want to keep at the end of each match.

Soldato
Oooh, wasn't expecting another patch this soon....

Other
  • You may no longer modify ini files to set a key bind for multiple actions on the same key

I was watching levelcap, xfactor and stonemountain last night and they are blatantly abusing the jump/crouch bind to get out of unbroken windows and drop down behind people for kills. Glad it's being fixed.

Associate
I could never figure out the crouch jump thing. I think you should be able to smash the windows and jump out still, but obviously smashing the windows comes with the price of noise being made.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I was watching levelcap, xfactor and stonemountain last night and they are blatantly abusing the jump/crouch bind to get out of unbroken windows and drop down behind people for kills. Glad it's being fixed.

They're only stopping you binding crouch jump to a key or editing your config to do so, you can still do it by pressing crouch and jump at the same time. Is what I do, I've never bothered with a bind.

That said when the vaulting update comes it will be a non issue I suspect. :)

Caporegime
shows how much you know a 2500K overclocked to 4.5ghz is essentially only 20% slower than a 2017 i5 CPU. 20% isn't a huge leap over 6 years. you expect that amount of a leap on at least a yearly basis.

the 2500K when overclocked is perfectly fine. the game runs like poo on any system. it's probably the fact he's using DDR3 that is holding him back more so. SSD help a lot as well as it's an open world game.

a 1080ti with a 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz should be hitting 100+ fps with the right settings at 2K.

i get 100+ fps with a 7600K @ stock using just a 1080 and the ti is considerably faster. the 2500K is on it's last legs but it's definitely not a slow CPU when overclocked it's only slightly slower than my 7600K.

some games a 7700k can be upto 50 fps up on it.this is why the i5 2500ks will never get any slower :p

pubg is a modern game you need modern pcs.bf1 shows how badly the age has caught up with the i5 2500k. with fps drops down to as low as 40 fps in big 64 man battles.my 5820k for eg at same speed get min 120 fps at same settings.yet there is no issues with a i5 2500k.mates just upgraded from one aswell because of pubg with a 970 at 1080 was getting lows of 40 fps.not even all on ultra.so the best days are behind for the classic cpus.if you want to play pubg nicely use updated gear. if you on a 2011 cpu you cant be surprised it struggles with a modern 2017 game.

Back
Top Bottom