1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by shankly1985, Mar 6, 2017.

1. ci_newman

Sgarrista

Uff emotes have arrived too.

I like the new plane sound though.

2. kitkat9933

Mobster

I didn't get a kill for it x

3. Boycey0211

Soldato

HAXOR CONFIRMED.

e: just noticed the little kiss at the end there, lovely.

4. xb8browney

Mobster

So much cheating going on.

5. Boycey0211

Soldato

I didnt realise what a difference ambient noise made, its like playing after ive been messing about with my audio setup and buggered it up lol.

Who the hell thought removing all noise from a game would be a good idea?

6. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

I’ve never noticed any ambient noise lol wtf

7. Boycey0211

Soldato

Like the wind, water, rustling grass, now its complete silence you'll notice the lack of it. Every game makes me wonder if ive muted myself by accident

8. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

Seems stupid why do that

9. SPG

Mobster

Because the ambient sounds was so high, people turned the volume up to hear the footsteps etc. Then when a plane came along or red zone it was too loud (hearing damage etc)

I prefer without tbh,

10. Boycey0211

Soldato

whereas now you can just turn it up to hear footsteps anyway, makes almost no sense in my eyes and hasn't cured the original problem. Just seems too quiet now. Didn't realise thats why they had done it though so cheers for that

11. hughtrimble

Wise Guy

The ambient noise was a bit daft sometimes. Things like having the ambient sound of an engine? No, that's not ambient, that's just misleading.

12. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

I'm new to the game so I don't know any difference lol.

13. hughtrimble

Wise Guy

And I haven't played in weeks so I may not have even noticed about the sound change! I'll have to give it a try again and see what it's like. Just got fed up of the cheats.

14. Boycey0211

Soldato

Thats still there if you get out of a vehicle and dont fully stop it, engine keeps running as it goes off doing its own thing.

Other than that can' think what you mean?

15. hughtrimble

Wise Guy

In ye olden dayes there were ambient engine noises - just a low engine drone that could be a vehicle in the distance, except there was no vehicle. It was just the faint sound of one being played as part of the game sound. How it was ever considered to be suitable ambient noise for a game such as this I just do not know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGR...res_a_car_noise_in_the_ambient_audio_it_gets/

16. Amnesia

Sgarrista

Had a handful of games tonight and it definately felt smoother.

17. Woodsta888

Gangster

Felt much better to me. performance is much better with less fluctuation in FPS.

Though last night felt like any luck (for me) had been removed.

I thought decent weapons were more scarce. Maybe in the 6/7 games I played though I went to the very last place on Mirimar (top right) that I'd never been to and top loot there! But the central drop points for me were very scarce and made for lengthy looting.

Well done to Brownhole for actually rolling it back for better performance.

18. ColdAsIce

Mobster

I quite like that there is no background noise anymore. I'm one of those that probably had their volume to high. It's just what i've always done since using sound to your advantage was huge in Counter-Strike. So yea removing this white noise constantly in my ear is quite nice.

However, there is still huge problems with the direction of sound being played. Multiple times last night we had 50% of our squad thinking the shots were from completely the wrong direction. And Vice versa.

I had multiple moments again with players able to rush at me full speed from 5 meters away without making a single noise on my end. Also instances when the material the enemy is walking on not syncing up with the game. Like hearing footsteps on metal when they are actually on grass or gravel.

19. Daytrader

Mobster

Sound in the game is so sterile now, rubbish, there just trying to make the game easier and easier.

20. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Agreed, fired it up for the first time in a while yesterday and the ambient noise being gone is an improvement but as you say, the directional sound is definitely not working as it should.