PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
glitter turd is better than erangel with no loot :p

nearly forgot to post this was crying with laughter when this happened last night :D

dont know who hawkeye is on here but he got trapped in the vending machine.so funny. :p

Soldato
You can say it's better all you want, still not playing that map. You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Aye. Wouldn't matter if there were slr's in every room. The map layout and design is aids. Granted they tried to improve it a bit with added dirt tracks through the almost totally undriveable terrain but it's not enough to redeem it. At least that's my opinion and to be honest that's all that should matter. :p

Associate
glitter turd is better than erangel with no loot :p

nearly forgot to post this was crying with laughter when this happened last night :D

dont know who hawkeye is on here but he got trapped in the vending machine.so funny. :p

I cant believe he actually got out of that. Especially after Ramen ran outside to find a bike and got rinsed lol.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had an insane kill earlier, guy will be reporting me for sure lol.

Saw a guy running around way way in the distance, had an m16 with 2x and suppressor, fired a few pot shots in the air as needed to stop playing to go do something, and then it says I got him with a headshot,

Not checked the replays yet to see how far it was, or how dodgy it looks....

Soldato
Hey,

Does anyone have a good link to recent PUBG GPU benchmarks please?

The most recent I could find was from a German site in March 2018 (1440p High present, using Adrenalin 18.3.1 and GeForce 391.01). They show the Radeon cards with a lower but perhaps more stable fps. Is that a fair representation?

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
Hey,

The most recent I could find was from a German site in March 2018 (1440p High present, using Adrenalin 18.3.1 and GeForce 391.01). They show the Radeon cards with a lower but perhaps more stable fps. Is that a fair representation?

Cheers,

Su
Could be. I hear the guys I play with talking about massive drops randomly with much higher end gpu's than me. My 380x tends to hold a relativley steady frame rate. +/- 15fps is usually my max sway. Admittedly my max is only about 70 from memory.

Associate
Hey,

Cheers,

Su

I'm interested in other peoples opinions on this too.
I'm looking to upgrade to an 8700K in the next couple of months, from my trusty old 3770k.

I get some serious drops from 120~ in pochinki to 50fps during some periods, when only close-buildings are in site and I have a 1080TI.
Would be interested to see if Radeon cards are more stable from the guys here.

Griim

Associate
I have 8700K @ 4.9 and a 1080Ti per sig. I play at 1440p with AA and View distance on Ultra and other stuff med/low from memory. Sits at 144 mostly and dips to 120ish when in a built up area or lots of players. I notice its always lower when playing squad over solo but I guess thats due to 3 other playera always in close proximity.

I can check what happens in Pochinki - any part in particular or just bang in the middle?

Soldato
I have 8700K @ 4.9 and a 1080Ti per sig. I play at 1440p with AA and View distance on Ultra and other stuff med/low from memory. Sits at 144 mostly and dips to 120ish when in a built up area or lots of players. I notice its always lower when playing squad over solo but I guess thats due to 3 other playera always in close proximity.
I'm looking at that spec PC when I upgrade in a few months. It will be nice going from 50-60fps to 120+ :).

Associate
I'm looking at that spec PC when I upgrade in a few months. It will be nice going from 50-60fps to 120+ :).

I actually bought the OCUK prebuilt rig called the Germanium (with a few tweaks). Back in Jan it was cheaper than buying all the components (even when the Strix OC 1080Ti was *only* £750) and came pre overclocked with a 3y warranty. Really happy with it and I know Milky on this thread has the same rig.

Associate

I can check what happens in Pochinki - any part in particular or just bang in the middle?

I'll tell you what, when I get on later, I'll try and find you on discord - we can both jump in a game and jump pochinki and compare within the same room?

Caporegime
for the best performance in pubg you want a intel cpu and a nvidia gpu.nvidia work with pubg.intel cpu performance wise are quite a bit ahead in this game.i have ryzen system and intel ones.upto 30 fps difference just having a intel cpu over the ryzen with same gpu in.

Soldato
I'm having a very annoying issue at the moment. I have V-Sync enabled so I don't get screen tearing and in the past the game ran at 60 FPS with only the occasional drop of 1 or 2 FPS. Recently, when I go in buildings my FPS halves, literally straight down to 30 FPS, as soon as I walk out it goes up.

Running a slightly overclocked 2500k, 16GB memory, and GTX1070. Operating system and the game are on an SSD. Settings are all ultra apart from post processing on medium I think. Have tried updating to latest drivers and it still does it but dropping to 40 now instead of 30. Anyone else getting this?

Caporegime
are you on win 10 ? make sure power is on max performance. balanced can make fps tank.cpu is really holding you back.your 1070 would get another 30-40 fps with a modern cpu.plus higher minimums.

Soldato
Yeah windows 10 and I always have power set like that, the problem is recent though, it used to run solid 60 FPS. I'm aware of my CPU but can't justify the cost of new motherboard, cpu and memory upgrade! I only have a 60hz monitor anyway. If I turn V-Sync off I get over 100 FPS quite consistently which is why it's so odd that just running into a small building has such a massive effect.

Associate
I'm having a very annoying issue at the moment. I have V-Sync enabled so I don't get screen tearing and in the past the game ran at 60 FPS with only the occasional drop of 1 or 2 FPS. Recently, when I go in buildings my FPS halves, literally straight down to 30 FPS, as soon as I walk out it goes up.

Running a slightly overclocked 2500k, 16GB memory, and GTX1070. Operating system and the game are on an SSD. Settings are all ultra apart from post processing on medium I think. Have tried updating to latest drivers and it still does it but dropping to 40 now instead of 30. Anyone else getting this?

I think this is what I get, but not quite as low FPS as you.
It's got to be a game issue, rather than anything we can control directly.

This is one of the many reasons I'll be looking to upgrade, to see if I can push up my fps minimums to a level where I don't notice the drops. There's a pubg support link somewhere, where if you're getting this type of problem, you can run an msinfo32 and provide them with some stats. Hopefully they're looking into this in some detail.

Back
Top Bottom