PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
On a side note - discord was crazy last night. I think there were 4 full channels (4 per chan) of teams playing together. Really enjoying the social aspect of it at the moment!

Cheers,
Griim.

Soldato
are you on win 10 ? make sure power is on max performance. balanced can make fps tank.cpu is really holding you back.your 1070 would get another 30-40 fps with a modern cpu.plus higher minimums.
I just use balanced for power, but make sure max processor state is 100%, on high performance your cpu is always locked at max mhz, i like mine to idle at like 800mhz when not gaming, balanced or max power plans make zero difference for gaming, done loads of tests, all they do is like turn off hard drives/screens etc when not being used.

Caporegime
I just use balanced for power, but make sure max processor state is 100%, on high performance your cpu is always locked at max mhz, i like mine to idle at like 800mhz when not gaming, balanced or max power plans make zero difference for gaming, done loads of tests, all they do is like turn off hard drives/screens etc when not being used.

sorry you wrong i can tell you a game you will instantly notice the fps drops due to being on balanced . ironsignt . play on balanced in that game your fps tanks.its on the unreal 4 engine. max performance if you want the max performance.pretty simple.why its there. if you play balanced on ironsight you can get drops and i tested this.from my normal 200 fps capped which doesnt move down to 90 fps on balanced.

i buy a gaming cpu to have it as a gaming cpu.it runs max all the time.im fine with the extra £10 per year and killing a few otters running it like that :p

try and get on for some games later was videoing all day and editing.

Soldato
Oh my the new EVENT mode is going to awesome :)

Haha! Crossbows and melee weapons only! Oh my.

I had a whole squad charge me at the end of a round last night (I was the only one in the Dicsord channel left) and one of them donged me twice on the head with a pan then I got finished off by an AUG! Managed to take two of them...but there were just too many!

Soldato
sorry you wrong i can tell you a game you will instantly notice the fps drops due to being on balanced . ironsignt . play on balanced in that game your fps tanks.its on the unreal 4 engine. max performance if you want the max performance.pretty simple.why its there. if you play balanced on ironsight you can get drops and i tested this.from my normal 200 fps capped which doesnt move down to 90 fps on balanced.

i buy a gaming cpu to have it as a gaming cpu.it runs max all the time.im fine with the extra £10 per year and killing a few otters running it like that :p

I worry about getting max out of my gaming pc also, google tells you the difference is just eco things like hibernate/power off screen etc, as long as your cpu is set to max 100% your get no difference in performance, 100% is 100%, i have a lot of games on the unreal engine and all run great for me on balanced, like i said, its just power savings, i dont want my cpu running at max voltages/max clock just browsing internet or reading emails, all max performance mode does is just stop your cpu from idling, just run balanced and turn the powersaving options off, thats exactly what i do, as long as the following is correct the fps will be exactly the same, Processor Power Management section and make sure the Maximum Processor State is set to 100%.

And, when you use demanding software, Windows will automatically increase your CPU speed. So, even if you’re planning on playing a demanding PC game, you can leave the power plan on “Balanced” and just launch the game. It will use your CPU’s full power.

Even on a gaming PC, you don’t really need to enable the “High performance” power plan. It won’t make your CPU any faster. Your CPU will automatically ramp up to top speed when you’re running a demanding game.

Last edited:
Associate
On a side note - discord was crazy last night. I think there were 4 full channels (4 per chan) of teams playing together. Really enjoying the social aspect of it at the moment!

Cheers,
Griim.

Since joining the discord channel I rarely play Solo unless no one around or for a quick warm up whilst folks are mid game. Much more fun and you learn a lot.

Soldato

There's an issue with your PC then.

Caporegime
no there isnt.i tested it on the others.just run yours how you want.how can you say balanced is as good as max performance.its the whole point of the setting.

Soldato
The settings are for turning off monitor or hard drives, putting pc to sleep after a while etc etc, on both balanced and high performance the max proc state state is 100%, thats all that matters for gaming, done loads of 3Dmark, heaven benchmarks and real game tests using fraps etc, and seen zero difference, all that performance does is make your cpu run at max mhz all the time(even idling at desktop), where balanced uses max when needed like in gaming anyway, and googling says this as well.

And, when you use demanding software, Windows will automatically increase your CPU speed. So, even if you’re planning on playing a demanding PC game, you can leave the power plan on “Balanced” and just launch the game. It will use your CPU’s full power.

Soldato
Pains me to agree with @~>Dg<~ but balanced and max have been demonstrably proven time and again to have an effect on gaming. Sometimes on balanced, Windows (my terminology might be wrong here so forgive me) parks unused/unneeded cores and doesn't unpark them when needed. So your system is running slightly 'crippled'. It might crank the MHz up but you might not be using all the cores available.

Associate
Pains me to agree with @~>Dg<~ but balanced and max have been demonstrably proven time and again to have an effect on gaming. Sometimes on balanced, Windows (my terminology might be wrong here so forgive me) parks unused/unneeded cores and doesn't unpark them when needed. So your system is running slightly 'crippled'. It might crank the MHz up but you might not be using all the cores available.

That is what Windows 10 have mode is for. Turning it on allocates full GPU and cpu resources. I run in balance mode and see no difference in performance if I switch to max.

Associate
The power options are just policies, nothing more.
Each of them have the same set of options.
For each of them you can customise the policy to have the same settings as each other, whichever way you look at it.

For the system to figure out whether you need your full CPU power at any time, there will be some monitoring build into the system, to allow it to react to your needs.
There will be a set of parameters, where if you need high CPU, you'll get it. How good this is, is down to how well Microsoft code this into their operating system.

If you trust how they've coded it, then you should be able to leave it at Balanced and allow it drop your CPU down when you're not needing it. In theory, it should keep your CPU usage at 100% when gaming, since cpu usage will always be high (ish).
If you don't trust it, just set Max Performance and be happy knowing that you're always at the highest CPU usage you can get.

Soldato
They are going to look into the SLR soon, close range or even at a distance, players don’t stand a chance against it.

SLR with scope and a M416 is the best duo for me.

Soldato
I'm having a very annoying issue at the moment. I have V-Sync enabled so I don't get screen tearing and in the past the game ran at 60 FPS with only the occasional drop of 1 or 2 FPS. Recently, when I go in buildings my FPS halves, literally straight down to 30 FPS, as soon as I walk out it goes up.

thats the effect of vsync
it doesnt tend to drop and run around at 56fps when vsync is enabled, it drops to half

try without vsync and see

Back
Top Bottom