PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
Two neck shots, running fell speed, from almost 400 meters? So you are telling me this guy with a 1.0 KDR hit a three inch tall area TWICE, in rapid succession from that distance? That is preposterous. And how do these magic shots constantly happen to me? I mean if it was someone like Shroud I wouldn't think twice, but this crap happens ALL the time from mediocre or less players. I simply don't get it.

Yes, I was running in a straight line. But you don't expect to be down to 5% health in less than one second from someone 400 meters away. Before I even heard the first shot go off I was already at 5% health. Insane you can kill someone armored running full speed that far away that quickly with three apparently magic bullets. And even more insane is how frequent preposterous stuff like this happens.

Are you really Rickon from Game of Thrones? :p

From 300-400m away, he probably had already sent his 2nd shot by the time you had realised you'd been hit. Straight lines are the first thing you line up when you take your shots from distance, you try and accommodate the direction of the opponent and where he's going to be in the next half second.

I get nights where things just don't go my way too, I guess you're probably on the brunt end of the scale.

Associate
Are you really Rickon from Game of Thrones? :p

From 300-400m away, he probably had already sent his 2nd shot by the time you had realised you'd been hit. Straight lines are the first thing you line up when you take your shots from distance, you try and accommodate the direction of the opponent and where he's going to be in the next half second.

I get nights where things just don't go my way too, I guess you're probably on the brunt end of the scale.

No I mean obviously I know about leading, but from that distance for all three shots to hit is just ridiculously unlikely. And then add on the NECK to two of the shots? 400m is FAR, especially for a moving target. It's like the car driving full speed 200 meters away and someone get's a Kar98 head-shot kill. Stuff like that happens far to often in this game. The game feels like it runs hit-scan. Do you know what the mathematical outcome is of a bullet being in the same space and time as a head in car travelling perpendicular to you at 50 MPH 200 meters away is? How does nonsense like that happen often in this game? IMO this is not a truly projectile based game. The head hot-box has to be a lot larger than the player model, or bullets are a LOT longer than the ~1-2" they are in real life or something along those lines.

Associate
Two neck shots, running fell speed, from almost 400 meters? So you are telling me this guy with a 1.0 KDR hit a three inch tall area TWICE, in rapid succession from that distance? That is preposterous. And how do these magic shots constantly happen to me? I mean if it was someone like Shroud I wouldn't think twice, but this crap happens ALL the time from mediocre or less players. I simply don't get it.

Yes, I was running in a straight line. But you don't expect to be down to 5% health in less than one second from someone 400 meters away. Before I even heard the first shot go off I was already at 5% health. Insane you can kill someone armored running full speed that far away that quickly with three apparently magic bullets. And even more insane is how frequent preposterous stuff like this happens.

Is the guy doing it consistently though? Luck is also a factor - he may have been lucky enough to place his shots. Whenever i'm running i'm not running in a straight line - at the very least i'm jumping and bobbing around. Plus my KDA isn't great because I don't hotdrop or fight often, my squads playstyle is fairly passive unless we need to fight or know we have a large advantage in a fight.

You'll want to see what happens from his perspective. You could end up seeing something like this:

https://streamable.com/4pbvf

Associate
blasphemy, but also come play Squad not Pubg. Its possible the netcode is complimenting the aim with the hit detection

That is what I am thinking, my crappy connection via the netcode must lend itself more to dying to these crazy shots all the time. Playing from Saudi Arabia to Europe with a 120 ms ping with 10% packet loss on a cell connection, I wonder if the game interpolates dropped packets as hits or something when someone is shooting at you.

Crazy enough, playing on BFV server to Europe though it runs WAY better than PUBG. Sniping feels precise and smooth, way better than PUBG back to Europe. I think Frostbite just has way better net-code, or at least doesn't penalize those of us on crap network connections as much.

Associate
That is what I am thinking, my crappy connection via the netcode must lend itself more to dying to these crazy shots all the time. Playing from Saudi Arabia to Europe with a 120 ms ping with 10% packet loss on a cell connection, I wonder if the game interpolates dropped packets as hits or something when someone is shooting at you.

Crazy enough, playing on BFV server to Europe though it runs WAY better than PUBG. Sniping feels precise and smooth, way better than PUBG back to Europe. I think Frostbite just has way better net-code, or at least doesn't penalize those of us on crap network connections as much.

Weirdly, playing at a higher ping is actually an advantage - you end up seeing people on your screen before people see you on theirs due to the lag compensation the game has. What is likely more of an issue is the packet loss rather than the ping.

That said, I really wish some AAA studio would actually try and compete with PUBG and have a shooter that has as much depth in the gunplay as it does. COD is just far too arcady and fast for my tastes (its a good take on the genre but not the same style as PUBG).

Caporegime
there is nothing and no one who will do anything similar. people make out its easy . it isnt. pubg doesnt get its props. still close to a million playing daily yet games like bf5 are stuggling to get over 10-20,000 players.

dice couldnt do it. battlefield 5 br is done by criterion.

its hard making a game for so many people and be flawless id actually say its impossible. basically its more a case of getting a great experience playing with the least amount of issues properly. then you have to factor in user issues. whether its bad internet connections pc configurations . still too many people play on aging pcs then blame the game. its a 2017/18 game you should have a recent pc to get the best experience from it. bugs arent that bad. performance is good if you have a decent pc. hit reg with a good connection and good pc is pretty good. sound is so so.

the guy sniping pretty simple shots really. see it almost every game. i do similar with vss on full auto. nevermind sks or slr. just practice.

Associate
Oh, i'm not saying it is easy. What i'm saying is that every current AAA studio is doing their own take on BR - which is totally ok. I'm just saying i'd like a AAA studio to try making a BR with deeper gunplay - because ultimately its what keeps me coming back to PUBG.

That said, I don't think its fair to blame aging PC's. I've got a 5gz 8700k and a 1080ti and I still get frame rate drops. I agree overall that the bugs aren't that bad and don't stop me from playing it but there's a lot they could do better. Their anti cheat seems to flat out not work, desync I don't think has got better since the supposed patch last week or so and there's still some awful bugs hanging around. I had one where I was in a vehicle, used a painkiller and got kicked out of the vehicle.

Caporegime
there doing their own take and failing. only one that is succeeding is the one that copied pubg idea and owns the engine.

you have a nice rig what fps drops are we talking about and what fps do you get ingame ? remember for a new title or newish realistcally anything over 100 fps is great. you are getting over that.

the gunplay is actually really good in pubg the better you get at it and learn the game by putting time in you will see if you have any talent skill how good it is. many glance over things but once you dig deep some really clever stuff in the game just many dont notice it.

it comes from a arma base for a start. just many play it like cod.

Associate
there doing their own take and failing. only one that is succeeding is the one that copied pubg idea and owns the engine.

you have a nice rig what fps drops are we talking about and what fps do you get ingame ? remember for a new title or newish realistcally anything over 100 fps is great. you are getting over that.

the gunplay is actually really good in pubg the better you get at it and learn the game by putting time in you will see if you have any talent skill how good it is. many glance over things but once you dig deep some really clever stuff in the game just many dont notice it.

it comes from a arma base for a start. just many play it like cod.

At 1080p, i'm over 100fps - but i've seen it go below a few times in fights. Every so often i'll be stuck down at 120 even with nothing happening, but my usual in those scenarios are above 180 at least. That said I can be above 200 and not feel like it because sometimes the frame times feel really weird. On some of my friends lower end machines, smokes sometimes makes it unplayable - but that's still on a 6th Gen i5. I tend to get frame drops with smokes too.

I get why they decided to make it in the Unreal Engine, but I think at this point a lot of the issues in the game aren't going to change until they make a PUBG2 with a different engine.

I wouldn't necessarily say BlackOut is a failure. It absolutely wasn't for me and I didn't enjoy it - but I don't enjoy DOTA's take on MOBA and that isn't a failure either. Different takes on the same genre is fine imo - I just would like a bit of competition for PUBG's take. The gunplay is just so good in it.

Caporegime
frametimes and serverside are the main issue. do you play on ultra try low pro mode. makes it cleaner looking. better performance. all off or as low as possible texture ultra and view distance ultra.

Associate
frametimes and serverside are the main issue. do you play on ultra try low pro mode. makes it cleaner looking. better performance. all off or as low as possible texture ultra and view distance ultra.

That's exactly what I do - everything as low as possible. I do have screen scale up to the max because it makes everything look cleaner and I don't tend to get much of a performance hit from it. But generally i'd agree - frametimes, server side stuff are the main issues (plus cheating and perhaps for out of the game stuff - dev communication but its rare for a game to have that nailed down anyways!)

Associate
I play PUBG on about the best equipment you can have. Overclocked 2080 Ti, 5.2 GHz 8700K, 4K 144 Hz monitor. My FPS at 4K never drops below 120. The FPS feels fine, the only thing I can think of that is screwing me is the constant 10% packet loss. It's almost as if someone shoots in my direction and there is packet loss, it always counts it as a hit on me or something. I DON'T have this problem in BFV on the same connection and am raping people. BFV on the SAME connection to the same geographical area with the same ping and same packet loss feels a TON better. PUBG's engine and net-code simply cannot hold a candle to Frostbite.

Caporegime
frostbite hahaha. cheers made me laugh. frostbite engine has one of the worst hitreg engines out of all modern ones used. in bf4 for eg it took them over a year to fix. every game they make its the same. how you can even compare this game to that bad engine is amusing. made me chuckle but enjoyable.:D

you should come join us on discord come play squad. plenty on discord. all people welcome.

Soldato
I just would like a bit of competition for PUBG's take. The gunplay is just so good in it.

For as much as people mock PUBG, its gunplay is great. The balance between the weapons is generally pretty good, there is a real choice to be had when picking which weapon combos you want, whilst still recognising it is a battle-royale game based upon looting your gear. Pretty much every weapon in the game has a strength and a weakness that make the choices interesting.

A vector, for example, can absolutely shred people because it fires so fast. Conversely, if you miss, you are screwed! The AKM is so freaking powerful, for full auto short range engagements its almost unbeatable, but is absolutely useless at distance! I could go on and on about each gun, but you get the idea.

Associate
I play PUBG on about the best equipment you can have. Overclocked 2080 Ti, 5.2 GHz 8700K, 4K 144 Hz monitor. My FPS at 4K never drops below 120. The FPS feels fine, the only thing I can think of that is screwing me is the constant 10% packet loss. It's almost as if someone shoots in my direction and there is packet loss, it always counts it as a hit on me or something. I DON'T have this problem in BFV on the same connection and am raping people. BFV on the SAME connection to the same geographical area with the same ping and same packet loss feels a TON better. PUBG's engine and net-code simply cannot hold a candle to Frostbite.

One thing i'd be interested to see is if you joined a custom game, replicated the scenario with another player and see what that player sees from his perspective (not with the ingame replay as unfortunately that can be buggy and inaccurate).

Back
Top Bottom