PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
weve had a good run today 3 on the bounce then the one after and another later on. all with people dont normally play with. :D

kungfuspaghetti me and holysomas :D

Yeah we *****d **** up yesterday :)

Makes a refreshing change to play with decent players, think we ended the day on 5 squad wins from a total of 7 or 8 games? Okay, so some of those I had zero impact in, as it was a case of watching you finish off the remaining top 10 lol. Still, I think PUBG gave me a participation medal :p

Actually, a friend of mine is looking for a duo partner for pro tourneys, he's generally a super fragger on duo's and super aggressive, but wants to tone it down for placement and wins. I'll try and get him on discord for some squads one evening.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did do some snaking I must admit! Not sure why I bought premium to be honest, feel obliged to do the missions now but I don't play enough to level up much, think i'm 21 now. I do really like my level 3 helmet skin though.

Associate
I did do some snaking I must admit! Not sure why I bought premium to be honest, feel obliged to do the missions now but I don't play enough to level up much, think i'm 21 now. I do really like my level 3 helmet skin though.

Everyone has the new level 3 helmet, but me, it seems! I'll get it tonight though, I've just found it difficult getting into the blue to med, although only got 7 left I think! The l3 helmet does look awesome though!

Soldato
I went in last night with the intention of maybe getting a kill at castle (mission) and diving 10m (mission) on Vikendi, didn't really care if I died straight away as I was just messing about. The below video summarises my game. I didn't have OBS running as I wasn't streaming and didn't see much point in recording me diving 10m so I fired it up to capture the replay...

Caporegime
nah you do well. flow with the game and kill people :D . often the main problem with squads is you get too many leaders or people who just do whatever they want. if you a team play as a team go together res when needed. delay is the biggest killer in pubg so many people just panic or take too long to decide what to do. those extra few seconds of shall we go there or here or i might pick him up loses you the game.

Associate
I think I'm best suited in a support type role, I'm fine at hitting ranged shots and moving targets with a sniper or DMR, it's the 100m and below with AR's etc where I struggle to control recoil... so generally limit myself to single shots. A bad habit I know, but not sure how to correct it. Suppose I should use the pubg practice area more to get used to controlling the AR sprays at distance.

Sadly in the office today or I'd have been smashing it today again mate! You on later this evening? I'm trying to get my mate to come on OCUK discord, his in game name is Jahnsson, pretty awesome stats although he's not played much of the new season.

Soldato
Recoil control just comes down to practice imo, that and having the right mods on your gun. I've never been in the training grounds, I just keep practicing in games. To lower my panic levels when happening on someone I dropped into hot areas (and still do) so I have to grab a weapon and fight quickly, that combined with chasing gunshots often means you end up in more fights and have to control the shots to avoid getting wiped.
I guess the training ground is probably good to assisting in recoil control but it'll never be quite the same as being in a fire fight, you'll more than likely be doing static recoil control but in a fight you (and your target) are probably moving.

My above video shows some good recoil control (and some poor aiming on my part), assisted by weapon mods after a few kills (vert grip and compensator).

E: Oh and setting up your mouse speeds well (for you) is super important too! I prefer to have a higher speed on my mouse than most people so I don't have to drag it around the desk all the time, especially in fire fights.

Last edited:
Soldato
delay is the biggest killer in pubg so many people just panic or take too long to decide what to do. those extra few seconds of shall we go there or here...
this is quite often my problem (playing solo), especially when on the wrong side from the circle. I watch replays and think "why didn't I just go where I thought of going when I thought about it, instead of delaying for 20 seconds and getting caught out".

Associate
Recoil control just comes down to practice imo, that and having the right mods on your gun. I've never been in the training grounds, I just keep practicing in games. To lower my panic levels when happening on someone I dropped into hot areas (and still do) so I have to grab a weapon and fight quickly, that combined with chasing gunshots often means you end up in more fights and have to control the shots to avoid getting wiped.
I guess the training ground is probably good to assisting in recoil control but it'll never be quite the same as being in a fire fight, you'll more than likely be doing static recoil control but in a fight you (and your target) are probably moving.

My above video shows some good recoil control (and some poor aiming on my part), assisted by weapon mods after a few kills (vert grip and compensator).

E: Oh and setting up your mouse speeds well (for you) is super important too! I prefer to have a higher speed on my mouse than most people so I don't have to drag it around the desk all the time, especially in fire fights.

I don't get the panic/adrenaline rush I used to get when the game was new, I'm more like 'meh, killed again ffs' attitude these days... just suck at controlling full stray, but single shot, DMR and sniping I'm fine with. Think I'll just have to hot drop more as you say!

I have my mouse set at 350dpi but movement sensitivity is 68 and aiming all at 50 and under as I do prefer faster movement too, think that's more from my Quake 1 days (yeah I'm fairly old...).

Other option is I just play squads, wait for the good players to shoot and try and steal the kills :p

Soldato
I have my DPI at something high (1000 maybe, I'll check later) with movement and aim in game at default I think. I'm by no means an expert and don't get high kill games normally but I've used the ARs and SMGs a lot on full auto which has meant I need to learn to control recoil to avoid being dead.
I also play weekly custom games where we run War Mode with multiple different weapon types over the evening, along with some weapon specific BRs too. I've found these to help quite a lot also as I'm going up against players of a similar quality to myself so I don't get raged and the games are all fairly short so we get quite a few games. It's a good way to practice imo, iirc I've won every VSS game we've played pretty much...to the point where the others don't really want to do VSS as most of them suck at it. :D

This is an older VSS highlights video...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Think I had one of the funniest moments yet in pubG last night, did random squad and got landed with 3 Lebanese police officers (so they said) they actually played really close knit tbh. Every kill resulted in the shout of "Another Syrian dead" hahaha hahaha.

Never new the Lebanese were anti Syrian :)

Caporegime
VSS is a monster if you use it correctly. on sanhok really is great probably one of the best weapons. other maps not to much. once you get used to full auto its pretty simple. custom games pretty easy to get 20+ kills . customs arent same as normal games though :p

Soldato
No I agree they aren't normal games, however they do allow you to practice the weapons a lot more which can help with recoil control etc., especially if limited to a certain type and it's against moving targets that will die, not a wall etc. in the training ground. I've had good success with the VSS on most maps but ideally it needs the extended mag.

Back
Top Bottom