PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
oh my my beloved game is becoming a joke. just making it for streamers and people with no circle sense who want a gunfight. take the tactics out of it and make it cod so every one can play. the whole beauty about pubg is the strategy side. anyone can shoot people thats what we got cod for. you can see why its coming in and the new skill system. they just want instant action on twitch mixer and for the pros.

Soldato
Yeah I don't like the way they call it camping, that's literally been the point of the game since day one, to be the last guy surviving by any means.

If you want to be sat in a bush for and hour or so then that's fine, so is going looking for a fight.

Soldato
https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1706232080108408330

Looks like it will be fun to try out for a few days, not sure what the end goal of it is though.

Agree. I don't mind that they try new stuff out, some will hit, some will miss - I quite liked the shotgun only mode they did on Miramar for a short while, it was quite funny, but only as a novelty!

For me, echoing what DG said, the charm of PUBG is the strategy and the decision making as well as the fighting aspects.

Soldato
For me, echoing what DG said, the charm of PUBG is the strategy and the decision making as well as the fighting aspects.

I suck at PUBG, but it's the only game that gets my heart pounding. When you're in the last few players and are crawling around trying to hide but also trying to spot the enemies before they spot you... it's intense. If I want to play a COD style game I'll play COD (And I dont :D)

Soldato
oh my my beloved game is becoming a joke. just making it for streamers and people with no circle sense who want a gunfight. take the tactics out of it and make it cod so every one can play. the whole beauty about pubg is the strategy side. anyone can shoot people thats what we got cod for. you can see why its coming in and the new skill system. they just want instant action on twitch mixer and for the pros.

I can't really imagine how it will work, but it might actually add tactics no?

Caporegime
I can't really imagine how it will work, but it might actually add tactics no?

it just means people will run and gun more and camp edges of blue. so no. also people will know where to go now instead of learning how to play the circle. which is 90 percent of the game thats why they doing this. so avg joe can come in play goto where they need to without any ingame knowledge. makes it more accessible to most people but will just end up being like apex or ring of elysium.

Associate
I don't think it's going to change a great deal.
The inner blue circle will be the next circle position, so at the moment, you don't know where the next circle is going to be, so you sit in a building waiting for the next circle to spawn, then head towards it.
In this new test, all this update changes is making the normal circle more contested and will give you knowledge of where to place yourself to be in a good position for the next circle. Luckily, there's a load of buildings and cover in all maps, so people who know the maps well, who can find cover from even the smallest divot will be the best in this mode. Map knowledge will be key. It'll also force people who don't have brilliant map knowledge, to learn to play the sides of mountains and divots better.
I think this is a good update overall, there'll be more action a little earlier on, which is a bit better than having a large mount of teams in the final circle, which can sometimes be overwhelming.

Also, it's 64 players max, just like normal tournaments.

Last edited:
Caporegime
hawkins just announced on twitter that they arent going to change the blue circle in normal games. probably seen all the feedback instantly and they decided to just make it happen in custom games. wooooh. so glad. glad they come to their senses.

Associate
Nice one wiping Jackfrags squad last night!

Rumours abound for a potential new map on PUBG called "Rapide"....nothing really firm yet, I think its come from some obscure data-mining.

I reckon if I had any other weapon, I don't think I would have taken them down so quick.

Rapide... interesting, new map will definitely keep the game alive for awhile longer. Hope to find out more soon, in upcoming announcements.

Soldato
2x2....race mode??? What is this rubbish.

Give us another 8x8 map, rotate maps out if you have to to keep matchmaking working but these small maps are not what pubg started as. It can't be that difficult to make a map

Caporegime
there is 100 percent a new map coming hawkinz i think shown all 4 maps on his wall and said i will need a new space soon.

tonignt had some great games but also ran into the most blatant cheater since starting the game. he had 55 kills. he floated in the skill just killing everyone. i dont get how this cant be detected lol.i have it recorded may upload tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom