PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Soldato
That was its main aim and for this it does but they dropped the FPS to 30 in order to achieve it. Other titles use things like checkerboarding to reach 4K.
I'd be more than happy with a dynamic resolution and a higher frame rate or locked 30, hopefully they nail something down

Associate
The desert map on PC runs way better than the first map leading me to believe that maybe they have a lot of wasted assets in the first map and will need to do a full clean up pass on it to solve a lot of the issues. Things like textures and geometry that you can't actually see or are under the map still being rendered. Must have done a better job on the second map.

Caporegime
The desert map on PC runs way better than the first map leading me to believe that maybe they have a lot of wasted assets in the first map and will need to do a full clean up pass on it to solve a lot of the issues. Things like textures and geometry that you can't actually see or are under the map still being rendered. Must have done a better job on the second map.

It’s a smaller map too for the new one isn’t it?

Soldato
Jesus I struggled tonight, couldn’t hit a barn door! Anyone messed around with the sensitivity and have anything positive to report?

Not too sure where my ‘deadzone’ setting should be sat at either.

Associate
This runs like utter **** on the xbox one x. It actually makes the PC version look very polished, it can't be anymore than 10fps at best.

Soldato
Jesus I struggled tonight, couldn’t hit a barn door! Anyone messed around with the sensitivity and have anything positive to report?

Not too sure where my ‘deadzone’ setting should be sat at either.

dropped mine down to 7 and it was noticeably better. I went from hitting nothing to getting two chicken dinners. Gonna have more of a play tomorrow as i think it could drop down more. Reduced the aim sensitivity as well. Will post up my settings when i get them sorted a bit better.

Soldato
Christ, what a pile of turd this game is technically.

Amazed that it's somehow become so popular... it's kinda fun but currently a complete mess that's no way worth £20.

The fact it's so slow / buggy / unfinished is quite a shock having never played the pc version.

Soldato
Christ, what a pile of turd this game is technically.

Amazed that it's somehow become so popular... it's kinda fun but currently a complete mess that's no way worth £20.

The fact it's so slow / buggy / unfinished is quite a shock having never played the pc version.

A lot of people criticise the pc version but running a 980 i get a solid 70-80fps. Better visuals and smoother more refined gameplay. The menu and settings are a load better and matchmaking is faster and less complex. Aiming and shooting is noticeably improved as well.

Associate
Well I'm really enjoying the game on my X and I know a lot of others who agree.
It needs work but as a day 1 early access I'm happy!!

Soldato
And a game in a state like this will probably be a best seller on the system this month, if not for the year.

Do XB1 offer a refund policy? If so I imagine many would take advantage based on first impressions alone.

It was obvious it would be like this, but they really should just hold off until it's stable before launching it even as a preview. The game has generated enough hype, somehow, that they could launch it later and still do really wellm a start like this only serves to harm it

Soldato
dropped mine down to 7 and it was noticeably better. I went from hitting nothing to getting two chicken dinners. Gonna have more of a play tomorrow as i think it could drop down more. Reduced the aim sensitivity as well. Will post up my settings when i get them sorted a bit better.
Where are these settings about? Or are these for the Elite controller?

Caporegime
OP
And a game in a state like this will probably be a best seller on the system this month, if not for the year.

Do XB1 offer a refund policy? If so I imagine many would take advantage based on first impressions alone.

It was obvious it would be like this, but they really should just hold off until it's stable before launching it even as a preview. The game has generated enough hype, somehow, that they could launch it later and still do really wellm a start like this only serves to harm it

But that's not how Game Preview works at all.

Soldato
But that's not how Game Preview works at all.
No true, but at could have got it to a better position before even launching the preview imo. They know it's not in a good place, I think they probably felt pressure from MS to get it out in December. They are advertising it like a full release in many ways

Soldato
No true, but at could have got it to a better position before even launching the preview imo. They know it's not in a good place, I think they probably felt pressure from MS to get it out in December. They are advertising it like a full release in many ways

Im inclined to agree with this. The fanfare its had is something that a full release would have. You would at least expect the game to be stable with a few issues here or there...

I think they saw Fortnite doing so well on consoles they wanted this out ASAP to try and take some of the market back.

Soldato
Im inclined to agree with this. The fanfare its had is something that a full release would have. You would at least expect the game to be stable with a few issues here or there...

I think they saw Fortnite doing so well on consoles they wanted this out ASAP to try and take some of the market back.

True, fortnite probably forced their hand a bit too. Being first to market is a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom