Playstation 3 Shelf Life

Associate
Got my new Playstation 3 Slim today , very happy i have to say :)

My question is how many years does the Playstation 3 have left ? Whats Its Shelf Life

Soldato
As said, anything up to 5 years is the most realistic guess.

The PS2 for example still has games released for it and its what? almost 9 years or something old now?

Soldato
Got my new Playstation 3 Slim today , very happy i have to say :)

My question is how many years does the Playstation 3 have left ? Whats Its Shelf Life

Out of interest do you mean, "how many years until a new Playstation4 is released?" which will undoubtedly put the Ps3 in the same league that the Ps2 is now, or "how many years are Sony supporting the Ps3 for?" as I am guessing that the lifespan of the console is different depending on which question you use.

As I tend to switch machines as a new one is released and don't look twice at the old machine even though support is still there.

as far as I know 2012/13 a new PS will be out giving the console in my eyes a 3/4 year lifespan. But as posted above support will probably end in 2016 giving it another 7 years.

Soldato
Well, look at it this way, games are still being released for the PS2. Iirc there's even been some exclusives (Persona 4 springs to mind which is arguably better than all of the JRPGs released for the 'next-gen' consoles). I can't see any reason why the PS3 won't receive the same sort of support.

Back
Top Bottom