PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Indeed. That is word on the grapevine. I don't see why it can't be patched in perhaps at a later date after the game had been released though.

Soldato
I think you might struggle to find anywhere for a demo. They are slowly coming back into stock, you can always return it if you don't like it.

Very hard to describe what it's like as it's an experience like no other. Basically imagine wearing a crash helmet and looking at ps3 graphics through a very light mist. That's the best I can come up with :p

You do feel like you are in the game (kind of), there is light coming in from below as the headset is designed that way so you can look down if you feel a little sick. The depth and 3d effect is amazing, you really do think you can reach out and touch things.

It's good, but it's absolutely a gen1 product though. Unfortunately the games are quite short, but in all honestly I personally wouldn't want to spend more than 30mins in VR.

Put it this way, lighting and smoking a cigar whilst sat in a London pub is pure gold!

Is your experience regarding the graphics related to PS4 or PS4 Pro? Doesn't the latter improves the graphics quality?

Soldato
I think you might struggle to find anywhere for a demo. They are slowly coming back into stock, you can always return it if you don't like it.

Very hard to describe what it's like as it's an experience like no other. Basically imagine wearing a crash helmet and looking at ps3 graphics through a very light mist. That's the best I can come up with :p

You do feel like you are in the game (kind of), there is light coming in from below as the headset is designed that way so you can look down if you feel a little sick. The depth and 3d effect is amazing, you really do think you can reach out and touch things.

It's good, but it's absolutely a gen1 product though. Unfortunately the games are quite short, but in all honestly I personally wouldn't want to spend more than 30mins in VR.

Put it this way, lighting and smoking a cigar whilst sat in a London pub is pure gold!

It's a shame as i would sooner do without the inconvenience of returning something especially as I don't feel like i need to own one, i'm just curious what its like.

Theres also the issue that theres no VR games that i feel I simply must own unlike with non VR titles, this is the main reason why i dont feel like its a must have. From whats currently available I'm more interested in the games with less realistic graphics like Battlezone and Rez so the fact that its a gen1 product and a bit rough around the egdes doesn't really put me off. That doesn't mean i'm not interested in the other titles on offer as i would certainly give them a try.

I honestly think games are at the point where graphics don't really need to look any better. Draw distances are large and the environments/people/animations look lifelife. I can see why console manufacturers are pushing for 4k/HDR as theres really no more need to increase the power requirements of a console at 1080p unless they go for 60 fps :eek:. I don't see 8k being anywhere near as easy to sell as playing on my 32 inch 1080p TV at 5 feet away I can't distinguish between individual pixels. I'm sure increasing pixel density 4 times(4k) will make it look better especially coupled with HDR which is arguably more important than the resolution bump. But increasing another 4 times on top of that will go well past the point of diminishing returns.

VR is a nice area for the market to move into as in theory another 2 console generations could go by before we're seeing the same quality graphics as the current generation has, so theres plenty of room for improvement. Time will tell if it becomes mainstream or not but Sony bringing out their own headset which is much cheaper than the competition will certainly help things along.

Soldato
VR is a nice area for the market to move into as in theory another 2 console generations could go by before we're seeing the same quality graphics as the current generation has, so theres plenty of room for improvement. Time will tell if it becomes mainstream or not but Sony bringing out their own headset which is much cheaper than the competition will certainly help things along.

After the other post above went to the official PS forums.

The situation is not so dramatic as was described above regarding the graphic quality. There are games like Robinson, which look miles better on PS4 Pro than PS4 with PSVR.
Batman is another one. Trackmania I am told is simply amazing to the point to feel sick when you are upside down (i like that), and we have EVE Valkyrie also. In addition ED more likely will support PSVR.

PSVR is out just few months and only 700,000 units are sold, while stock flies from the shelves when available. A lot of games are old and it will cost money to convert them to VR especially the ones that came out couple of years ago.

Lets see what this year behold.

Soldato
Is your experience regarding the graphics related to PS4 or PS4 Pro? Doesn't the latter improves the graphics quality?

When I got the VR for Christmas I had the standard PS4 but was tempted to trade-in for the Pro. My friend got the Pro and brought it over on New Years Eve. Noticed zero difference. Still tempted to get a Pro anyway for HDR stuff.

Associate
yes but unfortunately I still get sickness

Go to display settings and to the bottom there's a fov setting. Its set to auto but ive turned it off. Why it worked I don't know but it helped me a lot with my sickness. I can now play quite comfortably and finally enjoy the game.

The 30 increment setting is great once you get used to it. I hated it at first but now its the only way I can play.

I've got walking speed set to normal rather than slow.

Worth a shot adjusting the fov setting.

Man of Honour
Been playing Sports Bar all evening. So much fun and once you get to grips with the controls and moving around, the pool is just brilliant. So many times I forgot I was in a game and would get so into it, looking round all the angles, crouching down. Just brilliant.

Darts on the other hand...yeaahhh :/

Anyone else have an issue with the external box (PU) not powering down if you have the download in suspend feature enabled? Mine just stays on all the time regardless of whether I'm downloading anything, I can force the PU to shut down by holding the VR power button down but then it doesn't turn on again when I power the PS4 back on?

Soldato
Anyone else have an issue with the external box (PU) not powering down if you have the download in suspend feature enabled? Mine just stays on all the time regardless of whether I'm downloading anything, I can force the PU to shut down by holding the VR power button down but then it doesn't turn on again when I power the PS4 back on?

Not personally, but I hear it's a widespread issue on hundreds of consoles.

I know I had tracking issues when my console was set for standby, but that was resolved by fully powering down each time.

Associate
Bevysters;30484750 said:
Anyone able to recommend a decent stand for the headset and move remotes?

i got this one, there's loads of them that look the same but with different names on amazon but i think they are all the same, it's very sturdy and can charge 2 pads and 2 move controllers when using a (not included) 5V/2A or 5V/1A adapter else it will only be able to charge 2 controllers by usb. you can hang headphones on it too and there is room to wrap the 10,000ft of cable around it too :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MREBUS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Associate
Had a little go on the first level, seems fun.

The introduction alone is brilliant you are taken through a James Bond themed film into with the over the top music and extravagant visuals. Just needed Shirley Bassey singing the theme tune!

Associate
Flubble;30494019 said:
i got this one, there's loads of them that look the same but with different names on amazon but i think they are all the same, it's very sturdy and can charge 2 pads and 2 move controllers when using a (not included) 5V/2A or 5V/1A adapter else it will only be able to charge 2 controllers by usb. you can hang headphones on it too and there is room to wrap the 10,000ft of cable around it too :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MREBUS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers for this! I had looked but a lot of them seemed roughly the same. This seems to do everything and a bit more so I'll get it ordered.

drs101;30494389 said:
any of you guys guys using Trinus PSVR?

getting a headset tomorrow, what are must have games?

I'm keen to try Trinus at some point as it seems to cover basic camera functions making it compatible with most things. I like the idea of setting it up for something like Outlast.

Games wise in the week and a bit I've had mine Danger Ball on VR Worlds has been a lot of fun and Resident Evil 7 is a different experience in VR I've found.

Soldato
i'm running it with trinus and revive as well, mainly playing assetto corsa but have ran elite, project cars, fallout 4, luckys tale (oculus store game) and dcs world

edit for and dirt rally :D

Back
Top Bottom