PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Probably an obvious answer to my question but if I buy the dirt rally plus ps vr bundle do I then have to buy the upgrade dlc for £9.99?

Reason I'm asking is the main game description says "this item includes SOME vr content".

I was under the impression the whole game was vr!?

Thanks

Associate
Probably an obvious answer to my question but if I buy the dirt rally plus ps vr bundle do I then have to buy the upgrade dlc for £9.99?

Reason I'm asking is the main game description says "this item includes SOME vr content".

I was under the impression the whole game was vr!?

Thanks

The bundle includes the whole package so you don't have to buy the vr upgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know if Sony are bringing out any environments to watch movies in like cinemas, gardens etc rather than just the black space we have now?

Would be cool to have the online cinema where you could join in to watch whatever someone else is watching like they have on oculus rift.

Soldato
Still think this needs to be on trial at shopping centres etc, I'm not paying GAME to have a go, and I'm sure that if I had a go I'd start looking to purchase. It's just something I want to try first

Associate
Well they have shipped not far off a million units in 4 months, so it looks like a lot of people are willing to take the plunge seeing as the unit cost is much cheaper than the other systems out there. Obvioulsy having an in-place userbase is a massive help as well .... !

Associate
Just watched a gameplay vid of ARKTIKA1. Really hope we get this on psvr. It looks like one of those stand still shooters but looks interesting.

Also Apollo 11 vr mission just showed up on the store and a game called DYING Reborn.

Always nice to have some new stuff :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Got Dirt Rally last night, so much fun. Was considering selling the VR as I just don't think the resolution is good enough yet, but hurtling around the tracks with a 'helmet' on felt awesome.

Did have to exit to the home screen and re-enter the game a couple of times though due to losing calibration.

Associate
So now that the ps4 4.50 and psvr 2.4 update has landed I tried out a 3d movie avatar with psvr and it looks really really good. Resolution isn't fantastic but other than that it looks great. Just need a cinema background and I'm sorted :)

Apparently the resolution in cinematic mode has been improved for playing movies and games and the refresh rate has gone from 90hz to 120 so things are looking up.

Last edited:
Associate
Ended up watching Avengers 3d on the psvr last night and was fab. It felt the closest i'll ever get to a home cinema. Even after a good 2 hours solid watching the film the head unit was still comfortable.

Ended up playing a few VR games and stayed up way later than I should! :D

(up early as neighbours seem to be playing slam the door)

Associate
Ended up watching Avengers 3d on the psvr last night and was fab. It felt the closest i'll ever get to a home cinema. Even after a good 2 hours solid watching the film the head unit was still comfortable.

This sounds very promising and something I will have to try. Just ordered Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Collector's Edition !

Back
Top Bottom