PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Just finished an evening session of Farpoint co op with my friend and can safely say this is what VR is all about.
Sure the graphics aren't the best nor is the AI but for coordinated fun, was a blast. One of us used the sniper rifle and the other a shotgun we picked off things and called out the big ones as they appeared, focus firing them down. It felt very natural to point to go somewhere or wave if we couldn't find each other.
We may as well have been starship troopers because it was basically that, now it's time to lie down as my back is killing!

Associate
is anyone else in farpoint getting tracking issues? i'm having to point my aim gun towards the right to keep it centred on screen and pressing options shows the camera in game is to the left of where it is in my room

Soldato
is anyone else in farpoint getting tracking issues? i'm having to point my aim gun towards the right to keep it centred on screen and pressing options shows the camera in game is to the left of where it is in my room

Not really a tracking issues, I had a problem once after picking up a new gun or something and after that is was off, I think I pressed the PS button to go to the main screen, centered and went back in game (or something like that) and it sorted it, was more of a bug than tracking issue I think.

Associate
Ok so here's a quick update. Resident evil vendetta vr has just been released but not in the UK...yet. I've created a Japanese account by following a tutorial online and downloading now. Its only 624mb so its not big but should be a nice experience.

Also just out of interest I created a US account and there is some free stuff there that we don't have on a uk account. Don't understand why but at least now I have access to them. Worth doing imo!

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if Sony are bringing out any environments to watch movies in like cinemas, gardens etc rather than just the black space we have now?

Would be cool to have the online cinema where you could join in to watch whatever someone else is watching like they have on oculus rift.

I think watching movies through VR is utterly pointless at the moment until the resolution is at least 4K per eye. Until then all movies will look like DVD's

Associate
I think watching movies through VR is utterly pointless at the moment until the resolution is at least 4K per eye. Until then all movies will look like DVD's

I disagree that it's utterly pointless i've watched a few films now in VR and it's allowed me to experience some films i'd of loved to of seen in the cinema from my younger days. Plus the PSVR does 3d movies, which is an added bonus.
The resolution isn't up there certainly but the experience more than makes up for it.

Soldato

Although it's not something I do, it's not pointless based purely on resolution. At what point did 4K become the minimum standard to watch anything and when 8K is available does 4K become pointless. As Partycan said it's about the experience.

Back
Top Bottom