PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
I went to Game yesterday and asked one of the guys working there and he'd never even heard of a V2 before so I'm hoping he just doesn't know what he's talking about.
No disrespect to them but that doesn't surprise me. Unless they are gamers then they probably don't get paid enough to add any genuine value to their service.

Soldato
No disrespect to them but that doesn't surprise me. Unless they are gamers then they probably don't get paid enough to add any genuine value to their service.
Very true. When I worked at Game probably 15 years, ago my manager hated me engaging with anyone because we'd just talk games and I'd tell people what to buy, not what would make the store the most commission.

Associate
Apparently the skyrim bundle has the v2 VR headset.
I can confirm it's NOT (at the moment and current price) I'm afraid.

I went into my local Game and asked to see the VR Box. Definitely the original version... I had to explain to the guy how to tell the difference!
My guess, Sony are clearing stock of V1 before V2 is released over here.
V2 looks only to be in America and Japan atm.

Still didn't stop me from buying it as £249 is a cracking deal, if you ask me. That and 2 motion controllers for $£50 (down from £70 when bought with the VR deal).

Last edited:
Soldato
I can confirm it's NOT (at the moment and current price) I'm afraid.

I went into my local Game and asked to see the VR Box. Definitely the original version... I had to explain to the guy how to tell the difference!
My guess, Sony are clearing stock of V1 before V2 is released over here.
V2 looks only to be in America and Japan atm.

Still didn't stop me from buying it as £249 is a cracking deal, if you ask me. That and 2 motion controllers for $£50 (down from £70 when bought with the VR deal).
Ah that's a shame :(

Associate
I get the feeling post black Friday we'll start seeing V2 over here properly bundled with Skyrim or Doom (think pro+Fifa 18 bundle in single box), back up to £350ish.
At the moment it looks to be the original bundle with Skyrim thrown in separately.

can anyone recommend a reliable HDMI switch to use with the Pro and vr headset?
I'm sure someone linked one in this thread but can't for the life of me find it. Also reading you need to power off the VR control unit as well, sure someone mentioned it here as well?

Soldato
I get the feeling post black Friday we'll start seeing V2 over here properly bundled with Skyrim or Doom (think pro+Fifa 18 bundle in single box), back up to £350ish.
At the moment it looks to be the original bundle with Skyrim thrown in separately.

can anyone recommend a reliable HDMI switch to use with the Pro and vr headset?
I'm sure someone linked one in this thread but can't for the life of me find it. Also reading you need to power off the VR control unit as well, sure someone mentioned it here as well?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00W6XRCKA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?tag=ho01f-21

This is being recommended on other sites discussing this. Not used myself though.

Soldato
Can someone explain the headphone issue to me? Do you gave to use the supplied buds or is it possible to slip a pair of 'big' headphones over the whole thing?

Soldato
Can someone explain the headphone issue to me? Do you gave to use the supplied buds or is it possible to slip a pair of 'big' headphones over the whole thing?

You can use bigger headsets if you wish, I used an old pair of Astro's with it, however a lot of the time I used my iphone headphones which I found pretty good.

Soldato
So the improved headphones with the V2 is bit of a non event, or is there a headphone jack in the headset itself rather than the controller?

Back
Top Bottom