PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Our Bravo Team and Aim bundle arrived today. Hopefully I will be able to try it out tonight with my daughter after she finishes her scool work, if so I will post back with my impressions of it. The Aim control feels like a decent controller given the price point, so hopefully it and the game will live up to expectations.

Associate
It is quite fun, certainly a different experience if you are new to the Aim controller but has some issues. The gun position can wander and there is no reset, which can become quite frustrating.

The game itself isn't anything groundbreaking but it works well. The switch to third person as you move between nodes was a bit jarring at first but I got used to it. I haven't played it long enough to find it repetitive or find other weapons, so I can't argue with any of the reviews out there.

I felt it was more like an VR update of some of the old school light gun arcade games I used to love playing. If you go in hoping it is going to be a VR version of a tactical fps you are going to be disappointed (I have no idea how they marketed it tbh, I ordered it as a way of getting a new game with the Aim).

Associate
For anyone interested Drunken bar fight is out but for some reason it’s not in the VR section. You have to search for it.

For £10.99 Could be a good laugh.

I’m personally not going to bother with Bravo Team. It’s way to expensive and from the reviews I’ve seen it’s not great and very short. Best of sticking with Farpoint.

Also something called Time Carnage has just showed up. Looks like a zombie/ dinosaur/ robot shooter.

Last edited:
Associate
Always best to restart the PS4 fully before playing a VR games, it prevents the wandering you experience.

Sorry, not checked back in since posting. The PS4 had been restarted to link the Aim and not used for anything else apart from updating the game. Had issues with wandering controls with the Moves but if the game doesn't have a reset, moving them out camera view for a moment usually helps. Unfortunately that didn't work with the Aim in Bravo Team. Hopefully have a bit more time on it over the weekend.

Associate
Sorry, not checked back in since posting. The PS4 had been restarted to link the Aim and not used for anything else apart from updating the game. Had issues with wandering controls with the Moves but if the game doesn't have a reset, moving them out camera view for a moment usually helps. Unfortunately that didn't work with the Aim in Bravo Team. Hopefully have a bit more time on it over the weekend.

Have you tried holding the options button on the gun for a few seconds? It’s to the right side of the front analog stick. It’s will recenter everything.

I get the wandering sometimes and this helps a lot even if you have to do it now and again during gameplay.

Associate
That re-centres the screen position, same it does when using a DS4, but has no effect on the gun problem.

I haven't played it since my original post, so I haven't been able to check the problem in any further depth (my son is a few more health issues than normal).

Thanks for the ideas though and I will get back to it when things settle down again.

Caporegime
Got RE7 today, it's the only game that's really made me motion sick, I had turned on smooth turning but I think because I had it set too slow, it's really messed me up, I can play Farpoint with smooth turning no issues.

Soldato
Playing WipeOut VR at my mates and the recent price cut tipped me over the edge today. Pulled the trigger and ordered a PS VR headset. I also picked up a copy of Eve: Valykrie and already have Resident Evil ready to try out.

Star Trek : Bridge Crew looks really interesting so might grab that as well. Any other recommendations?

Associate
i give up with the aim gun, it always ends up creeping and i'm pointing it to the right and looking to the left to get it all lined up straight in game

covered everything in dust sheets to stop reflections, done the flood the room in green / yellow light thing, had my camera on a tripod so i can try it at all different angles, moved backwards and forwards, reset the console before using vr

i spend more time trying to set the games up than i do playing them, VR games with the pad are perfect i never have issues with them :(

Associate
i give up with the aim gun, it always ends up creeping and i'm pointing it to the right and looking to the left to get it all lined up straight in game

covered everything in dust sheets to stop reflections, done the flood the room in green / yellow light thing, had my camera on a tripod so i can try it at all different angles, moved backwards and forwards, reset the console before using vr

i spend more time trying to set the games up than i do playing them, VR games with the pad are perfect i never have issues with them :(

That's a shame, I had horrible tracking issues until I set up and calibrated my camera, I followed a YouTube video (edit, this video - annoying guy but the method worked well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2uuWUlfLE) where the guy had the headset on a stand and rotated it around whilst keeping the distance the same and the pitch of the headset unchanged, since then it seems fine. Only issue I have is if i resume a game from rest, then the tracking on everything creeps. Not related to the aim I know but it seems calibration is the key no matter what aspect of VR your working with. When the aim does creep I exit farpoint and re-calibrate in the PSVR settings, this seems to fix it again for a while at least.

From what I can tell there isn't a perfect setup for everyone, for example most people have the camera above the TV, but in my room I need the camera bellow the TV as the room is quite narrow and the sofa very low, so with the camera above the TV the angle was too acute for it to work properly, tbh it seems a faff to get it setup and working well but once done it seems ok. Have you tried different camera positions?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up a headset yesterday after playing Wipeout at my mates in VR convinced me to make the leap. Everybody with PSVR should give Wipeout a try. It really is a killer app for the platform.

Is there anywhere to get the move controllers cheaper? Most place are selling it at £70 a pair which feels like robbery for such old technology!

Back
Top Bottom