PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
It doesnt? Massive headset, hand held peripherals?

But that's like comparing the Model T to a Tesla. What? They both have 4 round wheels, a steering wheel?

As I said, it didn't take off, in fact disappeared in the 80's because it was terrible. Did you try one? (So, even worse than the car comparison. The Model T could function as what it was intended to do, the VR from the 80's couldn't)

Associate
Cars are a necessity for most.

Would smartphones be as popular if they were still 1985 size? The VR headsets are still too big and you still need peripherals. Thats the point im trying to make. Not so much the technology.

Also agree on resolution , people want comparable visuals to pc/consoles and not to be tethered to one point.

Last edited:
Associate
The next version of psvr WILL have higher resolution, a wider fov and very likely be smaller.

It will also have better controllers I have no doubt.

Will it be wireless? Unlikely but you never know.

Roll on PS5 and PSVR2.

This will be your time to buy ;). Within the next 2-3 years I would imagine.

Soldato
Would smartphones be as popular if they were still 1985 size? The VR headsets are still too big and you still need peripherals. Thats the point im trying to make. Not so much the technology.

I don't think a phones size has much to do with how popular it is. They got smaller, then they got bigger again.

Anyone else in this thread avoiding them because they're big? I wouldn't have said they were that big tbh, for placing a screen on your face, they're quite a good size and not really heavy. I'd be surprised if they do away with controllers too. I personally think there wont be many with your concerns, so would be interested what others think?

Soldato
I think it could be a little like 3D TV. Came out with a bang, was the trendy thing for a while but then lost popularity. Still people buy them, still people use them, but not as hyped as when they launched.

A lot of people saying AR will take over, which could be the case. For me the big issue with VR is generally you're physically limited to a reasonably small space, but a game wants you to be moving around a lot.

Soldato
Is there any known problem with the aim controller? I've had it since release with Farpoint but had a problem where the gun would go on a wierd angle, not aligned which made it awkward to play. I put it down to the game but I have the same issue with Bravo Team and it's probably worse with Bravo Team as it happens within seconds.

Anything I can do to correct it?

Associate
Is there any known problem with the aim controller? I've had it since release with Farpoint but had a problem where the gun would go on a wierd angle, not aligned which made it awkward to play. I put it down to the game but I have the same issue with Bravo Team and it's probably worse with Bravo Team as it happens within seconds.

Anything I can do to correct it?

Try resetting it while your in a game. I have to do it now and again with my move controllers.

There’s a pin hole reset button on the gun above the front analog stick. Push it in with a paper clip or something similar until the light goes out then power it back up again. Might need to reconnect it to the PS4 with a usb cable but hopefully it will fix the problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try resetting it while your in a game. I have to do it now and again with my move controllers.

There’s a pin hole reset button on the gun above the front analog stick. Push it in with a paper clip or something similar until the light goes out then power it back up again. Might need to reconnect it to the PS4 with a usb cable but hopefully it will fix the problem.

I didn't know about that, I'll give it a go thanks!

Associate
same here, it's very annoying, i managed to get through the farpoint game but i was always resetting everything every 2 mins and shaking the aim gun about it was a nightmare to play it. it crept about so much that IRL i had to point the gun to my right to get it straight in-game and look to the left to get the view straight, too much of a chore to play.

yet although they don't use the aim gun, i could play until dawn: rush of blood, VR worlds, EVE and resident evil 7 perfectly

must be an issue having the aim gun raised near your face

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried holding the options button down in game. It realigns/recenters everything.

Other than that try going into the PS4 settings/devices/psvr I think it is. Go through all the options to recalibrate the headset and controllers etc. You will hold each device in front of the camera so it can see each light. The camera might be getting confused with the gun and headset maybe.

It’s worth doing this regardless as it can help with other issues.

If none of this works I’m out of ideas and possibly the gun is faulty in some way unfortunately.

Also try a friends to see if it behaves the same way.

Good luck :)

If anyone has a fix for image drift please let me know.

Thanks

Soldato
Have you tried holding the options button down in game. It realigns/recenters everything.

Other than that try going into the PS4 settings/devices/psvr I think it is. Go through all the options to recalibrate the headset and controllers etc. You will hold each device in front of the camera so it can see each light. The camera might be getting confused with the gun and headset maybe.

It’s worth doing this regardless as it can help with other issues.

If none of this works I’m out of ideas and possibly the gun is faulty in some way unfortunately.

Also try a friends to see if it behaves the same way.

Good luck :)

If anyone has a fix for image drift please let me know.

Thanks

Cheers I had tried the above, infact I originally had the v1 of the PSVR and now the v2 and it was the same with both.

Maybe it is the aim controller but there's a limit to what can be wrong with a glowing ball. I'm thinking the holding to head maybe confusing it so I'll try without later not that helps at all.

Associate
Cheers I had tried the above, infact I originally had the v1 of the PSVR and now the v2 and it was the same with both.

Maybe it is the aim controller but there's a limit to what can be wrong with a glowing ball. I'm thinking the holding to head maybe confusing it so I'll try without later not that helps at all.

Just wanted to let you know that I tried farpoint again and oddly I experienced the same issue as you where the gun would start drifting to the left. I never had this issue previously and I’ve had the game a while.

Anyway it seems that it’s to do with image drift that seems to have got a lot worse recently and it’s something that Sony are aware of. You will notice it more in cinema mode. Sony recommends on their own site to place the headset down on a flat surface, turn it on and leave it for a minute or two to calibrate itself. It’s something to do with the gyros inside.

Now with the gun, after some research when it starts drifting you give it a good shake which I tried and it did indeed stop the gun Ingame drifting to the left of my body. Don’t be too rough though lol.

Drifting is a big issue but not everyone experiences it So I don’t think your devices are faulty and it is something that apparently can be fixed via updates.

I get the drifting in my new game Persistence where the virtual body starts turning to the left even though I’m facing forward. It’s very annoying but turning it off and on fixes it for a short time.

Hope we get updates soon.

Soldato
Just wanted to let you know that I tried farpoint again and oddly I experienced the same issue as you where the gun would start drifting to the left. I never had this issue previously and I’ve had the game a while.

Anyway it seems that it’s to do with image drift that seems to have got a lot worse recently and it’s something that Sony are aware of. You will notice it more in cinema mode. Sony recommends on their own site to place the headset down on a flat surface, turn it on and leave it for a minute or two to calibrate itself. It’s something to do with the gyros inside.

Now with the gun, after some research when it starts drifting you give it a good shake which I tried and it did indeed stop the gun Ingame drifting to the left of my body. Don’t be too rough though lol.

Drifting is a big issue but not everyone experiences it So I don’t think your devices are faulty and it is something that apparently can be fixed via updates.

I get the drifting in my new game Persistence where the virtual body starts turning to the left even though I’m facing forward. It’s very annoying but turning it off and on fixes it for a short time.

Hope we get updates soon.

Thanks for the above, I will try leaving the headset on a flat surface but I pretty much do that anyway as I leave it to warm up before using.

Hopefully there will be an update to fix it.

Soldato
Someone in here (or maybe more than one person) recommended 'Headmaster' and I just wanted to say thanks. Simple game, but great fun. Only meant to get it installed yesterday and ended up playing for about an hour...

Soldato
I've also noticed really bad drift issues with my ps aim controller. I was a slight issue with farpoint but in Arizona sunshine it was so bad I had to go back to the move controllers. So it does seem to depend on the game being played to some degree? Rumours are the add on DLC for Arizona sunshine should be out soon aswell.

I'm really hoping my aim controller is ok in firewall : zero hour when that's out later in the month. Ive ordered a physical copy from Amazon as it's £28 with prime discount just now. Anyone else getting it day one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom