PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Is vr worth it? I'm really torn between a ps4 or xbox one s

I was on the fence in regards to buying the psvr aswell.
Having now taken the plunge I'm glad i did. It really is fantastic and adds another gaming experience to the ps4.
Yes, there are minor niggles as many people have said, but imo its worth every penny.
I had a bit of vr queasines at the start but a week on i hardly feel it at all now and finally getting to grips with firewall zero hour (yes! finally won a game against the ai lol)

Soldato
I was on the fence in regards to buying the psvr aswell.
Having now taken the plunge I'm glad i did. It really is fantastic and adds another gaming experience to the ps4.
Yes, there are minor niggles as many people have said, but imo its worth every penny.
I had a bit of vr queasines at the start but a week on i hardly feel it at all now and finally getting to grips with firewall zero hour (yes! finally won a game against the ai lol)
Loving firewall myself even though I'm not that good, I played cs go the other day and got bored after 10 minutes and ended up turning the ps4 back on for some more fzh

Associate
Is vr worth it?

Yes yes and yes again. Best gaming experiences I’ve had in years have been on psvr and the more recent games like firewall, Persistence and creed are outstanding. Especially firewall zero hour! Resident evil 7 is also in the top 5 games to own on it if you don’t mind horror style stuff.

There’s no experience like it and I can’t wait for psvr2 to show it’s pretty little face.

The only downside are the move controllers. Such a shame they never had analog sticks on them to begin with.

Get one mate you won’t regret it :)

Soldato
Rogue One VR = 1 GIANT smile for a week
Forza Horizon 4 = 180 small smiles for six months

That pretty sums up my thoughts on VR, as an ex PSVR owner

Alternatively get Firewall:Zero Hour and WipeOut:Omega for PSVR and have 180 GIANT smiles for the entire year :D

I honestly can't go back to playing Forza on a flat screen after VR. It just feels like such an inferior experience after playing racing games like Wipeout, Driveclub and Dirt Rally in VR. My Xbox1 has sat collecting dust since I got PSVR.

Soldato
I bought PSVR with the recent Argos deal and have been blown away by the quality of it I wasn’t expecting it to be so good, Wipeout is great but I can only hack 3 races on the trot befor3 it makes me sick so far.

Soldato
Alternatively get Firewall:Zero Hour and WipeOut:Omega for PSVR and have 180 GIANT smiles for the entire year :D

I honestly can't go back to playing Forza on a flat screen after VR. It just feels like such an inferior experience after playing racing games like Wipeout, Driveclub and Dirt Rally in VR. My Xbox1 has sat collecting dust since I got PSVR.
Yep, playing firewall my psvr has seen more action in the last month than the last year, and it's my pc now gathering dust

Soldato
Yep, playing firewall my psvr has seen more action in the last month than the last year, and it's my pc now gathering dust

I'd also say the same about FPS games like battlefield and call of duty after playing firewall. Once you experience certain genres in VR playing on a flat screen can't compete.

Actually speaking of firewall I notice a new DLC pack is out for it on the 16th October.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/firewall_zero_hour_dlc_oscar_mike_this_month

Borderlands sounds interesting as well though I've never been a fan of the original game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd also say the same about FPS games like battlefield and call of duty after playing firewall. Once you experience certain genres in VR playing on a flat screen can't compete.

Actually speaking of firewall I notice a new DLC pack is out for it on the 16th October.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/firewall_zero_hour_dlc_oscar_mike_this_month

Borderlands sounds interesting as well though I've never been a fan of the original game.
read something about new maps coming and skins for halloween

Associate
Might just go for some VR goodness as an xmas pressie for myself this year, I wonder if there will be some good deals in the run up. I nearly bought PSVR on release but decided to wait, it was all Battlezone, Rigs and Driveclub, things seem to have moved on a bit now, I don't really hear people talking about the launch titles now.

I'll probably opt for Firewall and Wipeout which should see me thorugh a while.

Soldato
[QUOTE="Crizzy]... it was all Battlezone, Rigs and Driveclub, things seem to have moved on a bit now, I.

I'll probably opt for Firewall and Wipeout which should see me thorugh a while.[/QUOTE]

Firewall, Wipeout, Superhot and Skyrim are the games I'd get first. I'd also grab Battlezone as it's great fun and probably my favourite launch title.

If you have a hunt about you should be able to get most of those games for around £10-20 second hand

Back
Top Bottom