1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation VR

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by DailyGeek, Sep 6, 2016.

1. wwwebber

Hitman

Some great reviews out and about now. Order placed today :)

2. DJMONDY

Gangster

So is blood and truth out vr goldeneye moment?

3. old gamer

Mobster

Not sure about goldeneye but it's a pretty decent game that I would describe as an interactive action movie, my only gripe is a multiplayer co op would have been great to play along with friends

4. ThestigGT999

Sgarrista

Sniper Elite VR - What is Sniper Elite VR? | PS VR

5. DJMONDY

Gangster

You have got to try out the new Spider-Man vr experience. It’s so good and really does show the potential for a proper vr Spider-Man game.

There’s not much to it but just swinging through the city gives you the biggest smile.

If you have got a weak stomach that first jump will test you big time.

Trust me give it go :)

6. zom247

Mobster

Bit of help needed please, it's my mate's 50th soon and he's just bought himself the VR kit so I'd like to get him a game to go with it. As far as I know he's got nothing for it yet, he is a big Star Trek fan so I thought about getting the ST Bridge Crew game for him. Is it any good on VR? Never played on the PS4 so no idea what the games are like.

7. silvagti

Wise Guy

Yeah, it's fantastic. If he's a Trekkie he'll love it!

8. DJMONDY

Gangster

No mans sky beyond vr free update for anyone who already owns the game. This could be really interesting.

Release next week 14/08/19.

9. PiKe

Capodecina

Played some Farpoint last night after not playing it in ages, god damn forgot how good it was!

The was until the gun started drifting like a thing possessed :(

10. BattleMoose87

Gangster

That was my issue with it. Gameplay was good, graphics very good, Aim controller worked well until it started drifting after about 15 minutes.

11. silvagti

Wise Guy

It's a shame there's no option to add a second camera to improve the tracking as I'm sure the single camera is the main cause of drift issues with Playstation VR

12. old gamer

Mobster

I've found having the camera about a foot above my head solved my tracking issues with the aim controller

13. ricky1981

Mobster

Camera high up is definitely the way to go, made a massive difference for me, took Superhot from borderline unplayable to fantastic.

14. silvagti

Wise Guy

I did try setting the camera higher but I didn't find it made much difference when it came to the drift issues unfortunately. Definitely better for general tracking though if it's higher up.

15. DJMONDY

Gangster

Try going through the tracking setup in the options buddy. It can help if your tracking is causing games to be unplayable.

Also if you can try something for me out of curiosity and set the screen size to small. I noticed a lot of drift with the screen size set to Medium and large but on small it appears to have stopped in games.

I know the small setting goes where your head goes while watching a film etc so I thought leave it set to small before I go into a game and weirdly drift seems to have stopped.

Maybe it’s just me but worth a try.

16. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I finally picked up some move controllers as I bought Everybody's Golf VR in a PS Store sale. Not overly taken by it. Obviously it wouldn't be a simulation, but you can literally flick your wrist and send it as far as if you swing. If you try and swing hard you just seem to get a colour outline of you swing near the ball (there is no way I missed every time I tried?!). Also, how do I actually bring up settings or options? I go to the driving range and can't get out?

I also tried Superhot. Wow, probably the most fun I've had in VR since Headmaster. Very addictive.

17. DJMONDY

Gangster

Anyone got Contagion vr yet? It’s meant to be out today and there are some YouTube videos showing it off. Looks pretty good too.

Still can’t see it on the store though.

18. DJMONDY

Gangster

So when are we getting the walking dead saints and sinners for psvr? :)

Really looking forward to this one. Reviews have been very positive.

19. old gamer

Mobster

Yep looks great fun but what's bothering me is how this game and a few others mentioned is how they are going to play with the move controllers, psvr desperately needs move controllers with thumb sticks

20. DJMONDY

Gangster

Saints and sinners is out :D

£28.99