PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
This is interesting. I’ve just read that the v1 splitter box doesn’t support 4K or hdr whereas the v2 does.

So if you have the v1 and pass the ps5 through it and have a fancy new tv you will have to swap the cables to get the full benefit of the ps5.

That’s if we need to use the splitter box. There doesn’t seem to be any info out there right now. Hopefully we don’t have to use it at all.

Im going take a chance in saying that the “adapter” will bypass the need the splitter box altogether. Fingers crossed :)
How can we tell if we have v1or v2?

Soldato
That’s if we need to use the splitter box. There doesn’t seem to be any info out there right now. Hopefully we don’t have to use it at all.

Im going take a chance in saying that the “adapter” will bypass the need the splitter box altogether. Fingers crossed :)

I hope it does but I suspect the adapter might just be a simple USB dongle to switch from the proprietary USB connector on the PS camera to regular USB so it can connect to the PS5.

So I'd assume the splitter box will still be required unfortunately?

Associate
Entered my serial but keep getting "oops! Something went wrong. Please contact your local distributer or Retailer for support" :(

Did you take the serial off the back of the breakout box? Mine started with a letter p and has 13 numbers after it. Enter everything including the letter.

Did you buy it in the uk? Just guessing but if it was purchased online it might not have a eu serial number.

Last edited:
Associate
I had that error all of yesterday morning until about 9am then it worked. So keep trying, maybe in quieter parts of the day if you’re able to
I spoke to PS customer service and apparently my serial number from my VR box isn't on their records?!? I don't know what else I can do but they have escalated the issue for further investigation and that's the last I heard.

Soldato
Just noticed that Sony announced there will be no PSVR support on PS5 games (other than backwards compatilbility via PS4 titles) so I guess that means PSVR will be killed off along with the PS4. I'm sure there are still PS4 titles in development but with no PSVR support on PS5 developers aren't likely to offer much support for the platform going forward I guess.

I guess it kind of makes sense to a degree given that the PSVR camera requires and adaptor to plug into the PS5 and the new dualsense controller doesn't have a light bar for camera tracking so you'd need to use a DS4 controller for VR games. It's clear that supporting PSVR on PS5 was an afterthought when they designed the system.

https://uploadvr.com/psvr-games-on-ps5/

No likelyhood of PSVR 2 until 2022 at the earliest either....:eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom