PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
I have so many games that got a boost from a PS4 Pro, while I was still on basic PS4, that I hope will get some benefit from playing with a PS5.

Adding a better headset with even minor patched improvements (controls, tracking etc) would be great, especially if you also see a benefit from the higher quality screens. The PS5 specific games can just get added to my growing wishlist :D.

I do like the look of the new controllers and would have loved to have played a full motion, high detail Skyrim using those rather than what we actually had to put up with. Although I think I am well past that point now :p.

Associate
Lol, heck of a jump. I may be getting ahead of myself and it some of the games I want to play more of may we'll look better than I expect on the VR1, I just haven't had time since I set it up and did a basic test to see if the adapter worked.

There are definitely games designed for VR that look outstanding and don't suffering from screen door effect or have great visual fidelity even with a standard PS4.

I loved the X-wing mission on Star Wars Battle Field 1 (or was it 2?) and would love a game like purely like that, in the vain of the old X-wing vs Tie Fighter games. I don't feel that new Star Wars VR game hit that spot but I do want see if that gets a boost from the processing power, as it supposedly scaled with the Pro.

I do wonder if any of my issues are my own eyes but that's another problem :p.

Soldato
It's not that, it's that many games were designed to use the PS4 controller and it's lightbar for player input

I think Sony will go through the hassle as it will immediately give the PSVR2 a decent line. There are some damn solid games around that just need a resolution boost and are good to go. Fingers crossed anyways!

Associate
Psvr 2 is not compatible with psvr 1 games unless the developers update it to work with the new hardware.

I think some developers will update their games but we will see. I hope firewall gets an update as that game was amazing.

Soldato
+1 regarding firewall zero hour. I think it’s a safe bet we’ll get a sequel on PSVR 2 and possibly a new aim controller with adaptive triggers/etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm actually looking forward to this. I was not interested in the original iteration because of the graphics downgrade, but this new version is actually looking at an acceptable level for me.

Soldato
+1 regarding firewall zero hour. I think it’s a safe bet we’ll get a sequel on PSVR 2 and possibly a new aim controller with adaptive triggers/etc.
Already confirmed firewall ultra

Associate
Q: thinking about buying a PSVR v2 for my PS4 and wondering what I need with it - I have several Move controllers already and I think I have a PS3 camera - do I need a camera then? Anything else? I may get the Aim controller for the Farpoint game.

Seems a good time to buy as they are cheap and I dont intend buying a PS5 as I have XSX

Soldato
Q: thinking about buying a PSVR v2 for my PS4 and wondering what I need with it - I have several Move controllers already and I think I have a PS3 camera - do I need a camera then? Anything else? I may get the Aim controller for the Farpoint game.

Seems a good time to buy as they are cheap and I dont intend buying a PS5 as I have XSX
Do you mean the V2 of the original PSVR (which has been out for ages, more or less identical to the original version, does now support HDR passthrough) or did you mean PSVR 2 (the forthcoming, expected early next year)?
If the former - you need the VR Headset, Breakout box and a camera (camera does all the tracking). All versions of the Move controller will be fine, as will the Aim Controller etc.
PSVR2 is going to be PS5 compatible only - and as it uses inside-out technology, no cameras will be needed etc.

Soldato

I had the full PSVR kit for my PS4. Recently sold the bundle including all the games and bought a Quest for the same money. Just my opinion but honestly it is so much better. Setting up the PSVR becomes a real chore, wires everywhere and that camera sitting in front of the telly is ugly plus its getting on for 10 years old and it really feels it compared to the Quest. Not that much cost difference either if you grab a used one.
AIM controller is excellent though, I'll concede that and Blood & Truth is one of my favourite gaming experiences ever.

Back
Top Bottom