Please can anyone tell me if this PC will be ok with Oculus Quest 2 ?

Associate
hi guys,

im just curious if my spare pc will be ok with Oculus quest 2 as i was going to be my first VR headset and this seams an ok price but seen that it can be connected to a pc to use games on there as well but not sure if my old pc will use it?

any advice or info on this would be amazing as its my first time looking at buying some type of VR outside of PSVR thats wireless :)

i5 4690k , Motherboard Z97P-D3
16gb DDr3 , EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W, Power Supply
PowerColor Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5
Win7 64bit, SyncMaster SA700 3D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks, i totally forgot about win7. i need to finally say goodbye to win7 and buy windows10? does OCUK sell Win10?

lucky they have Oculus quest 2 on ocuk which seams standard price just hope theres no oculus 3 coming out soon

Associate
Just download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft which will have the latest ISO for Windows 10.

You don't need to activate it.. i believe they removed the black screen if not activated after 90 days or so i think... but if you did want a key, there are plenty of legit sites about to purchase a key... found one for under a tenner

Associate
OP
Just download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft which will have the latest ISO for Windows 10.

You don't need to activate it.. i believe they removed the black screen if not activated after 90 days or so i think... but if you did want a key, there are plenty of legit sites about to purchase a key... found one for under a tenner

cool thanks for the info on win10, will that instal over win7 without having to do a full format because thats my main reason why i put off going to win10 is maybe having to format

Associate
OP

i dont suppose you can have win7 and win10 via a dual boot can you, i did try it a while back and i put windows 10 on a spare ssd drive but it would show up on pc to try boot it so i kinda left it

Back
Top Bottom