Please can someone help me with my overclock settings

Associate
Hi all I have a 990xa ud3 motherboard with and fx4 - 4100 bulldozer quad core black edition processor and Kingston 8gb ram 1600mh ram it was overclocked from 3.6 to 4.1 however I reset my system and somehow all the overclock settings in bios have been wiped can anyone tell me what they are do I can put then into the bios thanks

Permabanned
Look for Profiles in Tools section or such if none your going to need manually do it all again and no one here can ideally tell you from here.

Associate
If it was overclocked by somebody for you, they have likely saved the profile in bios. If not, you're on your own. There are no universal OC settings. Every motherboard, RAM stick, and CPU is unique like a snow flake.

You will have to read and watch OC guides and forge on yourself.

Associate
Hi all I have a 990xa ud3 motherboard with and fx4 - 4100 bulldozer quad core black edition processor and Kingston 8gb ram 1600mh ram it was overclocked from 3.6 to 4.1 however I reset my system and somehow all the overclock settings in bios have been wiped can anyone tell me what they are do I can put then into the bios thanks

did u clear cmos? or up date bios?

also wot was the rig named wen u bought it on the site

Associate
OP
Some how I cleared all the bios settings no I did not update bios

Cleared cmos

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Associate
OP
OK I'll try it thanks also only option in bios is load optimised defaults but that's not the overclock settings is it

Associate
try the settings I sent

if it boots try changing cpu voltage to 1.25v

and if that boots try moving cpu freq up til u got 4.1ghz

Associate
OP
OK problem is my bios looks very different to th one in the linking has got MI intelligent tweeter not Ai overclock also no turbo core technology and I have got cpu plz voltage control not cpu manual but lowest that goes is 2.500 v and I have got nb voltage not cpu/nb manual control but can't set to to 1.2500

Associate
OP
The settings you sent don't corolate to what's on my bios my bios is bright blue background looks nothing like the one in the pictures in the link?

Associate
u bios old style blue screen

one sec

Disable "turbo core".

The gigabyte board has a setting for max power. Increase this so the cpu does not throttle.

-In hardware monitor in the bios, set the max fan temp to 50C. restart and look in the bios again, change the fan speed and temp settings until it runs reasonably quiet but keeps the cpu below 50C.

Increase the v-core by 0.050 volts.

-Go into the bios and Verify the cpu voltage in the hardware monitor and cpu temp before doing any of the overclocking below.

-Since the multiplier is unlocked on this cpu, just increase the multi by 1 untill windows fails to boot or there is a bsod or error.

-turn the system off by holding the power button. Then let it cool down for about 10 mins.

-turn the system back on and go into the bios, dont let windows boot.

-Set the multi back down by 1. This will lower the cpu speed by 1 times the fsb speed.

-Start windows, if there are no errors, test it with a couple of games. If it seems to be running ok restart and go into the bios.

-Increase the fsb by 5mhz until windows has a error again. Shut down and wait for it to cool, Go into the bios and lower the fsb by 10mhz. The cpu along with the ht bus, mem, chipset will all get a small speed increase this way.

- Start windows and if there are no errors boot into the bios and check the temps in the hardware monitor. Make sure they are below 55C. Under 50C is more ideal.

-Test they cpu with a few game benchmarks, prime 95, don't run the benchmarks for more than 20 mins since it does work the cpu at 100% load.

-If there are errors, drop the fsb by 5mhz and try again.

-If the computer fails to start after a failed overclocking setting, keep trying to start the computer by hitting the power button, it should bail and bring you to a screen saying you overclocking failed.

-As a last resort push the bios reset button on the board. You shouldn't have to do this on most boards.

I found this

let me know if it dosnt make Sence to u

Associate
OP
Mate u know what your talking about I have no idea I can find my way around and change settings but that's about it

Back
Top Bottom