Please check my build

Associate
after some great advice from @tammzy I’ve made a few tweaks to the intended build for my partners son. The intention is to build it together over a weekend.

The boy has £200 of his own money saved which has meant our budget can stretch a little and with a birthday and Xmas coming up he will be asking for a gaming headset and speakers as gifts

I’ve upped the CPU and GPU to give him some longevity as he’s unlikely to be able to upgrade in the next 5 years. I’ve added some RGB as my contribution for his birthday and Christmas along with buying him a gaming desk.

No SSD in the build as I’ll be getting a Sabrent Rocket 1TB from another supplier

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,763.77 (includes shipping: £28.02)

Any thoughts or improvements?

Last edited:
Soldato
@Franksi

PUqXcKX.jpg

@Plec think i can get them into the RVZ03 CASE!!!!

NZXT is a locked eco system so ARGB will be controlled via a different program

OVERKILL on watts but 10yr warranty! on sale for a few ££ more and being such a high unit, the load should should be low- still in eff range but means fan shouldn't kick in to much

Total: £101.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

750w is on sale, but out of stock at OCUK

GamersNexus rated Gaming OC highly and above Sapphire unit, plus extra yr warranty

would push 144hz monitor- this will be with you for least 10 yrs so make the most of it

Total: £1,372.66 (includes shipping: £22.74)

also, instead of Case, then AIO then RGB Fans at £340 odd....

AIO and case with fans for £226

Total: £228.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)

^^^^^lot better airflow. will link up to corsair ram lighting too controlled via MSI software or corsairs own. Also have UK Customer service and RMA vs NZXT based in US- not sure with RMA

all in cheaper

Total: £1,676.04 (includes shipping: £17.22)

650w corsair unit would save around £20 ontop of £30 with Gaming OC - rest is solid pretty much​

Last edited:
Soldato
/off topic
PUqXcKX.jpg

@Plec think i can get them into the RVZ03 CASE!!!!
I believe you, looking at latest build log pics (that poor unsuspecting case) - but still begs the question, why? :D

They won't be seen and will be an added point of failure (i'm ever the optomist) - or are you thinking plexi-glass? (plus, Hulk)

Soldato
/off topic

I believe you, looking at latest build log pics (that poor unsuspecting case) - but still begs the question, why? :D

They won't be seen and will be an added point of failure (i'm ever the optomist) - or are you thinking plexi-glass? (plus, Hulk)

sorry , i forgot the Question mark ! PSML! dont think it would fit in . unless I can Remove Plugs off the stock units...

Excellent, thanks for that

no worries, on a tight watch here so limited

also not i dropped from corsair 280 to 240 to work in that case along with ram height
etc.https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...ed-Glass-Mid-Tower-Smart-Case/p/CC-9011174-WW

NEED THIS AS WELL!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-jcorsair-rgb-cable-for-msi-motherboards-fg-077-cs.html

plugs from lighting box on the case that can control 6 fans and two led strips to MSI mobos

Soldato
And now the dumb question: I assume you pull in through the top and exhaust through the back?

corsair page has diagram of airflow but stock fans installed at the front pull in cold air. AIO at the top wouls exhaust any hot air from GPU.

dont worry to much about temps of AIO using warm air . 3 front 120mm will provide plenty of cool airflow

is option to add a fan to the rear as extra exhaust

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
The Corsair RM850 PSU is out of stock - can someone recommend an alternative?

EDIT: disregard - found elsewhere for same price

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom