1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feek, 14 Oct 2021.

1. VersionMonkey

Gangster

Forum email and store email are separate - maybe you updated your store email address when you switched over but didn't update your forum email address?

2. JGBR

Wise Guy

No were not doing something different or clearing cookies. We get booted out often and having to log back in and then do 2FA is annoying. I am on 3 times today as is.

3. bayo000

Soldato

I'm sure you guys already thought about it but could you not make 2FA just a requirement of the MM access?

Though I guess if someone hacks an account they can just set up 2FA using their phone and access the MM. Never mind, answered my own question there. :)

4. Armageus

Don

Well you clearly are as it's working fine on 3 different devices here and for plenty of other people.

Trying to find out what is different as to why you are being booted out?

5. rolypolyman

Mobster

Spot on my friend, forum email was the old one from years ago and my account one was up to date. All good now using the email version good for 30 days. Cheers.

6. Maccy

Commissario

You chose the email address when you signed up here? :confused:

EDIT - checked your account and it looks like you've updated it

7. Feek

Commissario

This has been asked and answered multiple times in the thread so I'll just confirm that we have considered this and no, it's not possible.

8. rolypolyman

Mobster

Yeh admitted my fault, updated account email but not the forum one. Doh!

9. Maccapacca

Don

10. Vern1961

Mobster

Frankly it's very annoying and is likely to significantly cut down the amount of times I visit the forum, especially as depending on the time of day it could be from one of up to 4 devices (main PC, laptop, tablet or phone). Unless of course that is the idea?
    If it's to prevent DDOS attacks then why not just use Cloudflare, with or without, preferably without, the captchas?
    And if I'm not visiting the forum, then the likelihood is I won't think of the shop either as my first port of call when looking for tech.

11. Longbow

Sgarrista

12. Quartz

Capodecina

I use three devices and it's not really a problem.

13. Apex

Capodecina

No it's not. It's the protect other users from those who use the same password every where. It's not the compromised account that will send money, but instead you and me buying something from that account.

14. Werewolf

Commissario

It's nothing to do with DDOS, it's to do with people gaining access to user accounts on the forum due to things like reuse of account details and other places being compromised, or simply guessing because someone has used a password that is easy to guess from their posts here/elsewhere.

15. Werewolf

Commissario

Yup.

16. uber soldat

Mobster

Dear OCUK

We don't like change and protection of our accounts, how dare you put our interests first and stop people being scammed on MM without asking if we'd like to be ripped off first, this is an outrage of the highest order. We shall show our protest by obeying your draconian decision just so we can complain as that's what we do best.

Yours Sincerely

Boomers

17. Feek

Commissario

That was genuinely a great post apart from the last word.

18. TALON1973

Mobster

Seeing as my email on this got closed ( hey I didn’t see this shoot me lol ). I can’t use the email option as it throws up a random email of my email name and wanadoo as end of email or some bs.

19. Feek

Commissario

Remember the shop and forum accounts are different. If the email address attached to your forum account is wrong, just update it.

20. TALON1973

Mobster

No they are exactly the same. I’ve never even used whatever it’s come up with.

what the heck is wanadoo.co.uk as an email verification? I’ve NEVER used that as an email. So the email confirmation is broken.

I literally can’t use my own email address

Last edited: 19 Oct 2021