1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feek, 14 Oct 2021.

1. TNA

Capodecina

Yeah that works when you are happy to keep cookies for ages. I use private browsing and clear out cookies when I close a window. Sure I could leave it open, but habits.

2. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

The standard user ain't going to do that. That's one of the problems even with a password vault. I have my server data back up twice a day automatically as well but once a month I do export my vault to a private store sitting beside me.

3. dLockers

Sgarrista

In modern browsers you can select favourite websites to preserve?

4. TNA

Capodecina

That I have not looked into be fair. Will check that out, thank you.

5. Rainmaker

Sgarrista

CookieAutoDelete and whitelist your trusted sites. It's somewhat redundant in Firefox, especially with Fission enabled, as every individual site now gets its own cookie jar. That way, no cross-site tracking from third parties is possible. Plus you have the option for container tabs and such.

6. G J

Wise Guy

Thanks for the replies and some great advice in this thread, the very few sites I use I have different account names and passwords its why I can remember them all. :D

I dont use 2FA as nothing I use requires it but I'll look into it as it seem its becoming more and more commmon place to require it.

I have an old phone that could be used though even with my payg phone I get messsages every now and again to it saying the number could be removed if I dont put credit on it for ages, I dont wnat to set up a phone/SIM and it get removed. :confused:

7. Neil79

Caporegime

I just came on to the forum and OCUK had logged me out asking me to input a security code via phone app! Did someone try to access my account or was this just a security check up?

8. mrk

Man of Honour

This is normal, every so often I will get the 2FA prompt when visiting the forum too. I just thought it was part of normal "confirmation that it is me. If it was
    someone trying to get in, you'd get an email saying failed login attempt/forgot sign in process etc.

That's Pay&Go for you though, most networks will remove your account if it's idle too long. You could get a £6 a month monthly SIM only contract though, maybe even cheaper than that these days.

Edit*
    £5 a month with 1GB data, sorted: https://mobile.asda.com/bundles/standard?bundle=BUN5

9. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

Just done mine - should have done it already considering I'm a security consultant tbh :p

All my more important things I've used 2fa for years though

10. Feek

Commissario

Since we moved to Xenforo so over four years!

11. Rainmaker

Sgarrista

<old man> That was never four years ago?! </old man>

12. Neil79

Caporegime

I've always enabled 2FA, however I've never done the QR code thing before! Which I now have on all my other accounts that I know of :D

13. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

If you're on the latest Apple OS's then you can use them to generate 2FA codes and the OS will even autofill them for you.

14. Bassmansam

Mobster

I just tried to do 2ga via email and my account is linked to my uni email that i havent had access to in over ten years, i did do manage to authenticate via the google app.
    How can i change my email please?

15. Feek

Commissario

You should be able to go into your account and change your email address first. Then when that’s done, enable 2FA. If you have problems, start a thread in FCD and we’ll do it for you.

16. andy_mk3

Capodecina

17. Werewolf

Commissario

If you've got 2fA enabled it lasts for 30 days on a device if you tell it to remember you, then will ask you to enter a new code once the old one expires.

18. Digital X

Sgarrista

@Feek Woops I was well behind then.

19. Feek

Commissario

20. andy_mk3

Capodecina

?

The page I expected to see it doesn't have email listed, that's the only page I can find with email on there.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2021