**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Soldato
Just to dig out an app once a month and put in a code, yeah I may be a little annoyance, but one day I may feel I can't be arsed and don't bother anymore, the charm of this place is I can zip in by clicking on my bookmark at the top of my browser.

I still have a bookmark on my address/bookmarks bar, and I still zip by whenever I feel like it. It's just that once a month, for two seconds, I have to press the button on my password manager in my browser and then go back to zipping by whenever I feel like it for another month. Hardly arduous. If it's troublesome for you, adjust your workflow. Get a password manager with a browser extension and stop having to worry about it. Two birds, one stone. Now you can have complex passwords/phrases everywhere, integrated 2FA, and it's either auto input for your or it's just a click away. Sorted.

I've had to login 3 times and yes I did click 30 days and no I haven't deleted any cookies.

Browser extension? Setting? Something's doing it, because it works flawlessly on here for me (unless I haven't whitelisted OcUK's cookies from my privacy extension).

Soldato
I really don’t know why folk are getting their knickers in a twist here. I already use the MS Authenticator App for work so took seconds to add OcUK. Punch in a code once a month. Why all the drama?

Man of Honour
Browser extension? Setting? Something's doing it, because it works flawlessly on here for me (unless I haven't whitelisted OcUK's cookies from my privacy extension).

I've only got 3 extensions and nothing to do with Cookies - Real Debrid, Amazon and a video downloader.
I don't delete cookies or else I would be putting passwords in 50 times a day.
It only takes me 5 seconds put a new code in because my email is on the next tab but just wondering if this is going to happen every day?

Commissario
I've only got 3 extensions and nothing to do with Cookies - Real Debrid, Amazon and a video downloader.
I don't delete cookies or else I would be putting passwords in 50 times a day.
It only takes me 5 seconds put a new code in because my email is on the next tab but just wondering if this is going to happen every day?

I use the google authenticator App once a month and it take seconds, so not sure why you have to keep logging in. :confused:

Soldato
Most of the time this sort of frustration can be avoided - or at least limited - by displays of empathy from the mod team and proper communication of the intended action ahead of time.
There really isn't much empathy from mods (looking at the one that rhymes with Meek) nor proper communication of the change. This change was hot off of the heals of the mods dinner where banning random folk for fun was the topic of the day.

It would have been a lot 'better' if the change had been introduced progressively, or at least communicated progressively.

'Opt in' for 7 days because by day 0 you'll be forced in...

Anyway, whatevs, the bar is super low because ya'll volunteers but much like any public forum the community will always whinge.

Commissario
For those that have to keep logging in

What browser, OS and type of device are you having the problem with?

AFAIK none of the mod team have seen this issue and we're using a variety of browsers so we don't know why it's doing it* but do know there are a few other bits of the forum that seem to play up but only under specific browser/device combinations**.
If we can have some information about when/where it's happening we can try to look into it and see if it's a problem at the forum end, or the browser and if there is a solution.

*We've been using two factor on the most part pretty much since the forum allowed it.

**We know for example there is a little used mod function that for some reason doesn't seem to quite work right in Safari, and for a long time in vbb sigs looked different depending on the browser in use (not much but enough that if we were checking signature sizes it required looking with more than one browser to be sure).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I really don’t know why folk are getting their knickers in a twist here. I already use the MS Authenticator App for work so took seconds to add OcUK. Punch in a code once a month. Why all the drama?

Uncertainty and change! The same reason people panic buy bog roll and fuel :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Any device you want to log in with. If you aren't using your iPad etc, then there's no need to get a code for that :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Do I have to punch in a new code every 30 days on all devices evrrytime?

Yep, very annoying and honestly I don’t get why it’s required. I’m a big boy and I can decide what accounts I give enough of a crap about to use strong passwords and 2FA on. A computer forum is not something I care enough about to bother so forcing me is just annoying especially as I use it on 3 devices. At least set the timeout to forever or a long period of time.

Soldato
Uncertainty and change! The same reason people panic buy bog roll and fuel :p

Give over... I'm Asperger's/Autistic, and if I can deal with it without batting an eye, nobody else has any excuse. :p

Yep, very annoying and honestly I don’t get why it’s required. I’m a big boy and I can decide what accounts I give enough of a crap about to use strong passwords and 2FA on. A computer forum is not something I care enough about to bother so forcing me is just annoying especially as I use it on 3 devices. At least set the timeout to forever or a long period of time.

You may or may not 'give a crap' about your account, but I'm sure OcUK and the Admins/Dons do - from both a liability PoV and a 'keeping our community safe from noobs with compromised accounts' PoV. You should have strong passwords/phrases and MFA enabled everywhere, not just on some sites. Otherwise, what's the point? You only need to be compromised on one or two weak places and it soon dominoes.

Back
Top Bottom