**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Soldato
Folks,

I'm a bit puzzled as how to get this to work. I had it working previously using Microsoft Authenticator on my mobile and it seemed to be fine but I cannot for the life of me recall how I entered the OcUK related details into the authenticator app on my phone? Essentially I'm not clear on what info I need to put and where? As in am I supposed to enter OcUK related info to get it to then come up with an Overclockers forums entry listed within MS Authenticator or am I supposed to enter the email address I have in my OcUK account which is used to notify me of replies to threads etc? I'm confused because it says 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account'?

As I said, got it to work a while back and it was fine but I've got a new phone and whilst I have set up my work email account on MS Authenticator (just entered my work email and p/w and I was good to go) I have no idea how to add the OcUK account details? Apologies for sounding dumb, I'm just plain klost but I bet it is a simple thing to do, I just can't recall how!!!

When I open the MS Authenticator app up it gives me three options:-

image0.png

If I click on 'Add personal account' it shows this - Scan QR Code or Sign in with Microsoft:-

image1.png

If I click 'Other' it shows a screen where I can scan a QR code or 'Enter code manually':-

image2.png

'Enter code manually' comes up with this:-

image3.png

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Im using 4 factor authentication, still waiting for my login code by royal mail recoded delivery.

I got carded, "sorry we missed you" by Royal Mail so could not log in. I then tried the 5th factor method via Hermes and had to climb onto my roof to get the damn package.

Sod's law!

Caporegime
You don't know what's what if you arent using pigeons and smoke signals.
we are heading towards websites being like the NHS app, where they make you send a video selfie with you saying the code to verify your identity.

supermarket self service tills collect facial recognition data btw.

soon your online and offline lives will be connected, billboards will target you personally with adds etc and wish you happy birthday

Back
Top Bottom