**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

GRRRRRRRRRR

Can't log in using using 2FA on my mobile, says following,

"The two-step verification value could not be conformed. Please try again."

My friend has this issue and has given up using the forum, this 30 day 2FA is ******* joke seriously, I have never had any other 2FA fail on any other site or service, and we have to do this for all our devices every 30 days!!!?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
GRRRRRRRRRR

Can't log in using using 2FA on my mobile, says following,

"The two-step verification value could not be conformed. Please try again."

My friend has this issue and has given up using the forum, this 30 day 2FA is ******* joke seriously, I have never had any other 2FA fail on any other site or service, and we have to do this for all our devices every 30 days!!!?

2FA codes are generally time based and are usually valid for 30 seconds. So make sure the clock on your phone is set exact down to the seconds (or make sure it's set to auto sync from the mobile network). The whole process relies on your clock and the OCUK server's clock being in sync for it to work.

On the OcUK side they could increase the window of validity for the 2FA code though. I think usually they're configured to allow expired codes within +/- 30 seconds of the expiration time to account for out of sync clocks, but increasing to say +/- 5 minutes would most likely help people a lot with minimal security risk.

G J

G J

Associate
Apart from a little issue that solved itself when this first rolled out I've not had any issues since.

Commissario
OP
On a related note, can I use a Yubikey to comply with the new 2FA requirements here?
Yes, you can now.

In fact, I'd like to understand more how the Yubikey works. When my 2FA needs re-authentication on here, what would the process with a Yubikey? If I need to reauthenticate when I'm using my phone, how would I do that if I set up a Yubikey?

Soldato
Yes, you can now.

In fact, I'd like to understand more how the Yubikey works. When my 2FA needs re-authentication on here, what would the process with a Yubikey? If I need to reauthenticate when I'm using my phone, how would I do that if I set up a Yubikey?
I need to dig out my Titan key. You click the relevant button on the forums and the browser will issue a popup asking you to insert your key. You can then authenticate by touching the key on two sides (that's how it is in my case it might be different for yours) and then the browser will log you in. You can plug in keys to your phone or tablet etc as well it's not just computers they work with.

EDIT @Feek I have 1Password set up with the key. So I could just use the existing approach of key to get into 1Password and then code from that to get into OcUK.

Commissario
OP
You click the relevant button on the forums and the browser will issue a popup asking you to insert your key. You can then authenticate by touching the key on two sides (that's how it is in my case it might be different for yours) and then the browser will log you in. You can plug in keys to your phone or tablet etc as well it's not just computers they work with.
Right

It's actually easier and quicker to log in using 1Password and the code.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Self explanatory really, trying to log in and now it's like entering some kind of crypto bat cave with options that don't work...

USB key, nope don't use that.

Android phone, yes I have one of those... Hole near laptop yep did that fails..... So stuck with a mobile to write this any ideas ?

Soldato
I think if you refresh your browser cache you’ll find they’ve fixed the order of precedence so that authenticator defaults are the default again.

Back
Top Bottom