Please help First pc build photo editing

Associate
am looking to build my first pc as i am a photo retoucher and require a heavy duty system that can handle opening multiple files (1-2gb size) with lots of layers. I have selected storage on the basis of the fastest way to access and load files.

I have done a good amount of research so far and am quite confident about everything but would really appreciate another opinion, just incase i could get more for my money.

I would also like to move into using 3D softwares and would like to know if this build would be able to handle it.

My choice of GPU was severely affected by stock shortages in UK yet i do not have the time to wait as i have a project to start immediately, therefore i chose what i felt was the best compromise for power and price available now.

The other element i wasn't too sure on was the cpu cooler, as i heard that the stock cooler may be enough but thought to get an additional one incase. Is this necessary and if so have i opted for an appropriate one ?

I really appreciate any help that anyone can offer me here

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£285.98 @ Aria PC) CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£74.99 @ CCL Computers) Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (£198.97 @ More Computers) Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£128.49 @ ******) Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£38.47 @ ******) Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£98.94 @ ********) Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card (£233.47 @ ******) Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case (£99.98 @ Box Limited) Power Supply: EVGA BQ 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£60.46 @ **********) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (£87.99 @ AWD-IT) Total: £1307.74

Last edited:
Soldato
@Callum Lewis Welcome to the forum.

This forum is owned and ran by overclockers. Please remove all the references to competitors before a mod nukes your post.

Your build. Why not just buy 2*1tb WD blue drives insterad of bothering with a 250gb and a 1tb?? Will make big file loading and manipulation better.
Buy a gold certified psu not bronze to save some more pennies.
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £79.85 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Total: £51.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Cheaper and almost as good and should have no clearence probelms with taller ram spreaders.
Buy a windows 10 oem key from otehr places for £10-20 . Download the Win 10 iso from microsoft directly.

Soldato
Zero sense to waste limited M.2 slots for tiny drive.
Partitioning is for keeping OS separate from rest in case of needing to nuke Windows for fresh install.
And if you're constantly handling GB+ size files would go for full speed PCIe v3 drives.
WD Black SN750 is well priced at the moment.
Adata SX8200 Pro and Sabrent Rocket (non-Q) woudl be other good drives at good price.

Associate
OP
@Callum Lewis Welcome to the forum.

This forum is owned and ran by overclockers. Please remove all the references to competitors before a mod nukes your post.

Your build. Why not just buy 2*1tb WD blue drives insterad of bothering with a 250gb and a 1tb?? Will make big file loading and manipulation better.
Buy a gold certified psu not bronze to save some more pennies.
Total: £79.85 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Total: £51.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Cheaper and almost as good and should have no clearence probelms with taller ram spreaders.
Buy a windows 10 oem key from otehr places for £10-20 . Download the Win 10 iso from microsoft directly.
Thankyou , really helpful advice :)

Associate
OP
Zero sense to waste limited M.2 slots for tiny drive.
Partitioning is for keeping OS separate from rest in case of needing to nuke Windows for fresh install.
And if you're constantly handling GB+ size files would go for full speed PCIe v3 drives.
WD Black SN750 is well priced at the moment.
Adata SX8200 Pro and Sabrent Rocket (non-Q) woudl be other good drives at good price.
Thanks for your suggestions , really helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom