Please help me decide

Associate
Afternoon all. Looking for little help to choose currently got the Ruark MR1 for our bedroom which are great for us. Was looking at there new model the MK2 which is suppose to be better then the orIginal MR1 even though they do sound good was maybe thinking of upgrading to the newer model. Then went into richer sounds and a friend of mine showed me the Dali Zen 1's which i have seen before but not heard and he rigged it up to a Tangent Ampster BT and it sounded great which i thought it would do with me having the Dali Kubic One so im not sure what to do now. And another thing the Ruarks do not have a removable grill which is a shame cause i liked the originals with Grill off

Soldato
It's a tricky one. I'm guessing RS don't have the Ruarks? Assuming they don't, take along yours for a comparison against the Dali's.

I wouldn't have thought the MK2 is enough of an improvement over the MK1 to justify spending £300, when you have the MK1's already; although, that might depend on the person. Some will pay that for even a small improvement. For me, they would have to be clearly better to be worth spending another £300 on.

When it comes to audio, difference in sound signature can be seen as an improvement over what is currently owned, and the Dali's may provide that for you.

Associate
OP
Hi Marsman i decided to go for the new Ruarks as there the right size for the bedroom. Plus im looking at getting rid of the musical fidelity V90 dac as good as it is im looking at getting the Schiit Dac and Headphone Amp Magni Stack and looking at getting the
Sennheiser HD 650 and using the Ruarks for my optical input. Sold my MR1's for a decent price £160. Plus Audio Affair wanted my custom back after a bad order so they got me the new Ruarks for £295. Do you have any Dealing with any of the Schiit equipment? ive seen really good reviews for there stuff

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not got any Schiit products, but yes their products get many good reviews and comments. If you're considering the HD650's, then it would be well worth investing in a Schiit DAC an amp as well.

Soldato
Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC => Schiit Magni 3 headphone amp

The above will work beautifully with the HD650 and allow you to run optical or USB to the DAC and then connect your Ruarks to the pre-out RCA connectors of the Magni 3. The amp will switch between speakers and headphones on insertion of the headphone jack and the volume control will control both the Ruarks and headphones.

Back
Top Bottom