Please help me explain sudden FPS drop in BF1 after 2 years of problems-free (graph included)

Associate
Can someone please explain this FPS drop as shown in the graph? This is while playing BF1 max settings except AA and PP. I had no problems for 2 years playing smoothly at 60fps up until a week ago i have faced random stutters and fps drops that freezes the game for a split second. I used MSI AB to limit framerate to 40fps and had no problem, i then increased it to 50 fps and faced a few drops, i caught one on graph. As you can see it is GPU-driven: the GPU core clock and memory clock suddenly drop for a split second without any overheating (67C) and the CPU is steady 3,090MHz all cores and steady temperature 63C. This is Not a thermal throttling case. Also there is no power limit or voltage limit flag when the fps drop happens. Never happened before, what could it be?

My systems specs: MSI GT62VR, CPU: i7-6700HQ, Nvidia 1070, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 1803, Nvidia driver 419.67 (same problem on Nvidia driver 425)

wIgMw44.jpg

Associate
OP
I was playing for more than a year on nvidia 399 driver than was forced to upgrade to 425 because i bought BF 5 which needed at least driver 415. I faced stuttering then reverted to 419.67 and still faced stuttering. I always use DDU clean install. I also installed Haste tunneling software to improve my ping in the same period of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom