Please help. No real room for a sound bar, but need much better sound

Soldato
situation. I love decent sound, but I’ve had my current set of speakers for nigh on 10 years and while they’ve been great it’s fsr last time for an upgrade.

Tv - lg 43uj670v
Needs to connect to both my pc through a (most likely headphone jack) and my tv through optical port. As a result I could easily choose between whichever ‘sound’ I want, as I have two screens so sometimes could be playing Xbox on my large TV,(muted) but listening to my pc through my second small screen with headphone jack.

I’ve tried a sound bar, but my desk isn’t really deep enough, plus I’d like the sound to be a bigger upgrade.

My current speakers are X540’s from Logitech, however I only use the Sub, Centre and front L/R speakers so have bought maybe a 2.1 system would be manageable, as it’s not easy to have a huge amount of wires running around my room due to the shape and size.

Having looked a little bit into 2.1 sets, i’d Kinda like a bigger upgrade.

I can post a couple pictures of room later on if that helps, but i’ve been thinking about his for a wholeness but i’m Just not sure what way to go.

I’d be looking to spend way £200, maybe £300 absolute max. Open to any suggestions of different methods and anything :)

Edit: This'll be mainly used for gaming and music, but also watching TV shows such as Game of Thrones.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If a soundbar won't work for you, then £200 - £300 still puts you in PC speaker territory, I think.

There's a lot of choice up to £150, but those would be more of a sideways move. You then find a bit of a desert until you get close to £300. The reason is the cost of the components. There's only so much that can be done tinkering around with the drivers and cabinets in the £50-£150 range. To take it to the next level requires better drivers and better design and manufacturing.

Logitec Z906 or Edifer S730 is probably where you need to be. OCUK sells both, and their price for the S730 is about £70 cheaper than Amazon plus you get free shipping as a forum member,

Associate
Acoustic Energy Aego 3 are a good bet for your needs- great sounding, small satellites, rca & optical input with small remote. Got them a few months ago and love them

Back
Top Bottom