PLEASE HELP usb dongle or wireless network card

Soldato
Guys

This is driving me bonkers , please help me .

I have a rigg built for a media centre but need a wireless connection to the internet ,

MSI K8N N FORCE 4 MOBO
2GIGGS OF PC3200 RAM
AMD 4200+
NVIDIA 8500GT
Vista 32Bit Home Premium

I have at the moment a Netgear WPN311 v3
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=NW-080-NG

I have searched the NetGear forums and loads of people are having problems with this network card under Vista . I have even posted in the Internet section on this forum to no avail .

Can some one please reccommend a dongle or a Wirless Netwrok card that workd under Vista with no issues please .

Permabanned
I do not like USB for Wifi etc, it can act up and need unplugged/replugged to work (not saying it will happen but many of my customers get issue).

If its a Desktop a PCI card is best with nice Ariel on it (wont see at rear of case).

In past few years I have stuck with LinkSYS (Cisco who's Routers run the WWW)

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
I use a Netgear WG311 under Vista. Just plugged it in and booted. Vista installed the correct driver, and has since updated the driver for me via Windows Updates. Has always been solid for me, on two different wireless routers.

I also used a WPN111 USB wifi dongle under Vista too, that was also fine. I just let the hardware wizard pull the drivers only off the install disk (XP drivers), and that was fine. More stable under Vista then XP actually.

Back
Top Bottom