Please recommend a 27" 4K 100% Adobe RGB Monitor

Associate
My LG 31MU97 monitor has developed a fault and stopped working. I've had the same fault about 3 years ago, so I decided to buy a new monitor.
After lots of looking around I bought a ViewSonic VP2785-4K. The only problem with it is excessive light bleed (a common IPS panel problem). I'm currently on my 3rd unit (2 light bleed issues, 1 scratched screen).

Does anyone have any sub £1000 monitor suggestions, please?
I can't find any that matches the title of the thread. I could get the LG repaired, but it will probably break again, and 31" feels too big (oh missus).

Thank you.

And

And

Associate
Sorry, I didn't realise prices had jumped up somewhat, the Benq I have is now ~25% dearer than when I bought it.

Associate
The Recommended Monitors for Photography are IPS not 4K. So look for a IPS monitor with at least 88% sRGB or higher. After Calibration my Old Dell U2412M 1920-1200 has a sRGB of 100% and aRGB of 80%. Best ever for an old monitor. I calibrate via a Spyder 4 Elite. JMHO

Caporegime
I got the Huawei Mateview 28" (not the GT), 4k+.

USB-C, IPS and 100% Adobe RGB and 98% DCI-P.

The only downside is that it's not glossy compared to my iMac, it's a matt finish so colours doesn't look as deep due to the matt screen. I only paid £350 in the end after £50 voucher and there was a £100 cashback.

If I have to get another screen i would get a Alienware OLED.

Soldato
My LG 31MU97 monitor has developed a fault and stopped working. I've had the same fault about 3 years ago, so I decided to buy a new monitor.
What are the symptoms?
But from repetitive behaviour my guess would be cheap capacitors of other such bad design.

Anyway if you want proper AdobeRGB coverage, LG isn't anymore the brand/maker you want.
While in the past they were the only maker of AdobeRGB covering panels, nowadays they're marketroid driven and stuck on overhyped DCI-P3 gamut.
(which lacks in greens and cyan in comparison)

Back
Top Bottom