Please review my spec

Associate
Hi guys,

I have come up with the following spec, could you please see what you think of it? Ideally due to space i do not want a huge case (hence the mini antec) but would also like it to be as quiet as possible without sacrificing quality (this is where i am not sure). Could you please see if what i have is OK and shouldnt be overly noisy or if there is something of equal quality and price that will keep the noise down. The PC will be mainly used for watching films, listening to music and using packages such as SketchUp and CAD whilst also playing the odd game.

22290681.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks.

The thing im not sure on is case/psu and to a lesser extent the gfx card.

As mentioned i am going for a quieter build but the Antec mini may not be as quiet as i would like but i am struggling to find a reputable mini case such as the Antec.

I have seen various PSU's claiming to be "silent" and "quiet" but i know Corsair and know they are very good. Is there any PSU's that are just as good as the Corsair but more quiet?

Soldato
If you want to overclock that i5, you might want a larger cooler.

If you go for a corsair HX750 it will be quieter than the TX650 as it won't need to run it's fan as fast for the load you'll be putting on it.

Associate
OP
I wont be overclocking and cannot really push the budget any further to get the HX750. Anything same price or less i will consider if it will make a noticeable difference in sound reduction.

Associate
OP
If you can up your budget just a touch go for the sapphire vapour-x cards as they are really quiet.

Yeah i did look at those cards afterwards and may lean toward getting one.

What about the PSU? Is it loud/quiet? Are other models "silent" PSU's just as good in performance as the Corsair such as the BeQuiet! and OCZ silent range.

Back
Top Bottom