Please sign a petition to make burning UK flags a crime.

Caporegime
It's a good job the OP posted a reasonable, intelligible argument to support his motives rather than just link & run. Oh, wait, the other thing :rolleyes:

What a stupid idea. Here's a clip of the OP:

Soldato
It's this kind of mindset that is ruining the country, so many people out there doing things simply to anger others and get a reaction instead of focusing on their own life and things that will make a difference. I was quite similar at one point and it took a hell of a lot of introspection to realise all that type of behaviour is really doing is making your own life even more insufferable.

but, surely you do it for the hashtag #LoLz

Caporegime
You only have to look at the comments to see the type of person this appeals to. The first comment is a cracker.

Thats nothing. After the Telegraph posted their traitor thing about the Tory Mps and the report of death threats, I've started to see posts pop up on social media saying that death threats arent good enough, some MPs need to be killed and then perhaps they will listen to the people.

This country gets worst (btw posts reported to the police and taken down now)

Soldato

Pretty much sums up my views on burning flags, political or religious symbols, or tbh anything.

As long as you legally own it and your not endangering people or property by burning it then i could care less. I might not like your reasons for burning it but i wont deny your right.

Caporegime

Pretty much sums up my views on burning flags, political or religious symbols, or tbh anything.

As long as you legally own it and your not endangering people or property by burning it then i could care less. I might not like your reasons for burning it but i wont deny your right.

Couldn't. Couldn't care less. I thought you above this butchery of the English language :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Nope, we're not American, and anyway I quite like burning them on occasion.

We’re not? Have you looked lately for several years how we seem to copy just about everything?

Britain slags Americans and American culture yet we replicate nearly everything of American culture.

Caporegime
Nope, we're not American, and anyway I quite like burning them on occasion.

Currently, flag burning is not illegal in the United States. The Supreme Court of the United States in its decision from 1969 has ruled that the burning of the flag is protected by the First Amendment. However, the person who burnt the flag can be found guilty of a misdemeanor for starting a fire without a permit.

:p

Man of Honour
I wouldn’t sign it, and wouldn’t approve of it being burned.
I’m happy to live here, I obey most of the laws, and pay my taxes, although I skated on very thin ice when I was self-employed, but I confine any thoughts of patriotism to the land of my fathers, France.
I fly a tricolour on Bastille Day, July 14th. from my top bedroom balcony, and I loved winding up my fellow Black Cab drivers during the World Cup, and The Euros, by flying one from my taxi aerial, particularly in 1998, when France won the World Cup.
In France, desecration of le drapeau de la France, (flag of France), is punishable by a fine of €1500, if the desecrator shows a recording of the act, it’s another €1500 fine.
If the desecration takes place during a meeting or gathering, then up to 6 months jail can be added.

Associate
The "UK" doesn't even have a flag. England does, Wales does, Scotland does, NI does, and Great Britain (the collective land mass) does.
But the "UK" is not a place, it's the governing state of GB and NI. It is a corporation by definition and can't have a national flag.

Don't just take my word for it, do your own research, before shooting me down that is. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom