Please tell me where is it better to sell a professional camera with lenses?

Associate
Hi! I would like to sell my camera, I don't need it. but honestly I don't know where. Please tell me sites or applications where you can sell besides ebay.

Associate
Hi katie what do you mean by a pro camera, if you post make and model i am sure someone on here could give you an idea on how much its worth

Associate
You'll definitely get more from ebay. Just be upfront about the condition. You'll also do better selling the camera and each lens separately.

I've been wondering about this recently as I have some kit I should really be selling. Ebay may fetch a higher price, but after ebay & paypal fees is it still higher than somewhere like MPB or WEX?

Associate
I've been wondering about this recently as I have some kit I should really be selling. Ebay may fetch a higher price, but after ebay & paypal fees is it still higher than somewhere like MPB or WEX?

In my experience, still significantly better. You take about a 13% hit on the final sale price. When I sold my a7rii, it was still much better than WEX offered. I had similar experiences selling lenses vs what LCE offered.

The easy way to check is search completed used listing for the item you're selling and knock off 13%. If Wex offers less than that, stick it on the Bay.

Soldato
I don’t doubt that you could make considerably more money selling photo gear on eBay than you will using MPB, but MPB made it very easy to sell my unused M43 lenses securely.

Do be totally honest about the condition of the items you’re selling to make the process as rapid as possible.

Associate
OP
Hi katie what do you mean by a pro camera, if you post make and model i am sure someone on here could give you an idea on how much its worth

I have Nikon D3
AF Nikkor 28mm f / 2.8D lens
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f / 1.4G
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm f / 4G IF-ED
Speedlight SB-600

used everything a couple of times on vacation for yourself

Associate
OP
I don’t doubt that you could make considerably more money selling photo gear on eBay than you will using MPB, but MPB made it very easy to sell my unused M43 lenses securely.

Do be totally honest about the condition of the items you’re selling to make the process as rapid as possible.

Thanks for the advice, like many there are scuffs on the camera itself on the sides. but in general, everything is fine. since we are not professional photographers and used it very rarely, we are more and more making shots on the phone

Soldato
There is a popular uk photography forum which used to have a good for sale forum. Not sure if I can link it so won't risk it. I haven't been on the site for a long time though so not sure if it changed. Otherwise ebay when they have £1 final listing fees offer on would be the best.

Back
Top Bottom