Pls help, rounded bolt - see pic

Soldato

Photo is of my bike frame. 1 of the 2 black bolts have rounded so I can not remove the black shock mount. I will need to remove soon as will get this sprayed professionaly.

Any ideas?

Associate
Picture is small but it looks like a torx screw to me. Is it perfectly round or does it have small ridges? If its got the ridges it is a torx bolt and you just need to use a screwdriver with the correct size torx bit.

Soldato
Picture is small but it looks like a torx screw to me. Is it perfectly round or does it have small ridges? If its got the ridges it is a torx bolt and you just need to use a screwdriver with the correct size torx bit.

isn't the point that they've been rounded hence a torx driver/insert will not work

like already said ,hacksaw a small groove into the top and use a screwdriver or you could file a flat on the sides and try an adjustable spanner

Soldato
I find a Dremel fitted with a cutting disc does a better job than a hacksaw for cutting a slot in rounded bolts.

This, with a hacksaw you chance hitting the bike frame. A dremel would do it fine, unless its a hardened bolt, but with it being rounded off i doubt it is.

There was a thread no long ago with this exact same question.

Back
Top Bottom