• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

pls pls pls pls help - no signal

Associate
Hey guys, woke up this morning and found that my graphics card dosen't work!! When i power on, my tft just displays "no signal". I pluged the monitor into my old rig and that worked fine. At first I wasen't sure what wasen't working but when i power on i can hear the pc booting into windows so i know everything else workes fine.....help pls.

P.S. Its a x1800xl:

Edit: if this helps, this is exactly what happened. I put the pc on, it got into windows, then everything froze solid (even the mouse pointer). I restarted the computer (case switch) but it only booted as far as the epox logo. Restarted it again and same thing. Put it off for a while then put it back on and......nothing!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks....will give it a go now....

EDIT: Just tried it man, didn't work :(

It boots into windows fine just dosen't output a signal...

Last edited:
Associate
Check the molex connecting power to the card.

I once had this with a 9800 Pro where an old PSU had surge shorted across and had semi melted one of the female molex pins on the card.

Might just be loose also !

Associate
OP
Yep, tried both dvi ports, same thing. Tried re-seating it as well....nuthing....
How long would an RMA take, i'd just want to swap this for another one.....
Would i be better off just contacting sapphire?

Associate
are you sure it couldn't just be a problem with the psu? maybe try a different psu or if thats not possible unplug as many unnessecary things as possible

have you got the case speaker connected to receive any beep codes? Try removing the card and see if the beeps change (or you get any)

Soldato
Faulty cpu.
Faulty memory.
Faulty motherboard.

They can all give you the same results..You need find a friend or shop that can test any them parts in another system or you could be rma stuff for a long time..

Associate
Have you tried resetting the CMOS on your motherboard mate? I've had a couple of times where I've had your problem and its worked ok.

Back
Top Bottom