pls recommend a pair of good desktop speakers

Associate
hey guys looking for a great sounding pair of desktop speakers i normally use mine for listening to music and watching youtube...i am using the creative T40ii

Last edited:
Associate
hey guys looking for a great sounding pair of desktop speakers i normally use mine for listening to music and watching youtube...i am using the creative T40ii
budget is £250
Option 1: Hi-Fi Speakers

There are some decent picks around your price-point in this article, published only 7 days ago:

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/hi-fi/best-budget-hi-fi-speakers

They are all passive speakers, except for the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2, which are active and slightly over your budget at £330.

That means if you go for anything outside the Ruark, you will also have to budget for an amp. On the passive side of things, the Dali Spektor 2 and Monitor Audio Bronze 2, which can both seemingly be had at £200 at time of writing, seem like good deals for your budget. That would leave you with searching for a budget amp and some cables to round out the package.

Option 2: Active Studio Monitors

Alternatively, you could go for active studio monitors. This means no need for an amplifier. An example that I like the look of is the Adam Audio T5V Studio Monitor. At time of writing, these can be grabbed as two singles for around £135-£140 each, or as a pair for around £275 if you Google around. I'm not fully up to speed on the connections on the rear of these, so you would have to research how to connect them.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Top Bottom