Plumbing in a dishwasher

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at water softeners. The prospect of paying a plumber £300 to install it plus the installation manual making it sound like a breeze makes me question if I could do it myself.

However, if I do go ahead and get a plumber I was wondering if I should get them to setup the pipes for a dishwasher too. How easy is it to plumb in a dishwasher? The only thing prepared is the electric point (which I would need to convert to a dual point if I get both a softener and a dishwasher).

The dishwasher would be built in to the cupboard next to the main water pipes which are under the sink. The water softener would be in the under sink cupboard but at a 90 degree angle to the door due to space.

Thanks!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
A dishwasher connects using the same hose connection as a washing machine, cold only. They also require a drain the same as a washing machine would.

Soldato
You can use a self cutting tap into the cold water pipe those kind of taps are absolutely fine for stuff like dishwashers.
Then you'd just need to get the appropriate trap for under the sink and connect up the waste.

Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt, it's plumbed.

£300? Having a laugh.

Soldato
Is there plumbing already in place for a washing machine? If so let me know and I'll send pics of the parts you need, cost me £11

Back
Top Bottom