Plumbing query - Advice requested

Soldato
Hi all,
I'm generally fairly handy at DIY stuff, but plumbing isn't one of my stronger areas so hoping for a bit of what is hopefully fairly simple advice.

Story is an old radiator in our back room rusted through and sprayed water everywhere, so I've disconnected it and sealed the plastic (rubber?) pipework up so the heating still works minus that radiator.

Thing is, it'd be really useful to us to replace the radiator with a towel rail instead, but there aren't any wide enough for the approx 1 metre gap it'd need to fill. A helpful chap suggested connecting 2 of the cheap, 400mm wide towel rails together - which sounds ideal, but I'm not sure on exactly how to do that, nor if there's any reason why that could potentially cause any problems?

Any advice? :) Cheers

Soldato
OP
I just typed in "1000mm wide towel radiator" into google and found loads

Cheers for that! I'd searched B&Q, Screwfix and a couple of others and found the widest they did was 600mm - And I'm also looking at the cheaper end, white painted only because I'll be chucking dirty MTB stuff on it, so no point in getting a chrome one only for it to get wrecked.

I've found and bought a 1000mm x 800mm one in white, for £110 - Can't complain at that! I'll sort the valves locally but should be simple because the pipes are plastic but come through the wall due to the room being a side extension room rather than an integral part of the house.

Back
Top Bottom