1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plusnet Mobile

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by b0rn2sk8, 17 Nov 2016.

1. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Just got an email launching Plusnet Mobile, I guess this is a result of the BT and EE tie up. It's running on the EE network.

The opening offer for existing land line customers is:

4Gb 4G data
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited Mins
    £10/Month (Normally £15).

I'm on EE PAYG at the moment, paying the same for less. No reason not to switch right? I can always come back!

2. kona786

Capodecina

That's good news. Not a bad deal that.

3. Englander91

Gangster

Existing internet customers will get double data on standard tarrifs, which seems a good deal. £7.50 for 2GB 4G data is what I have my eye on.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2016
  4. loltim

Capodecina

Just got the email and pre-registered. Looks good. Liking the 30 day option.

Will EE customers get faster 4G speeds than us piggybacking?

5. planty

Wise Guy

I've been with LIFE mobile for a few months and recently received an email saying they were becoming plusnet mobile.

For anyone who cares, the service has been fine, no problems. I've spoken to their help desk once about using my phone abroad - I got through to someone quickly and they were really helpful.

6. LEK-89

Wise Guy

Sounds like a bit of a no brainer for me, I'm currently on EE PAYG paying £10 a month for essentially half of what Plusnet are offering on this new deal - I'm also a Plusnet customer so I've signed up. Fingers crossed I'll be able to port my number across too.

Liam.

7. Surfer

Capodecina

It does seem like a very good deal. I'm on plusnet and i'm keeping my eye on this. I can switch from giffgaff to plusnet mobile and get a far better deal. £7.50 deal catches my eye.

Probably possible to keep same mobile number though?

8. loltim

Capodecina

Will a phone locked to EE work with a plusnet sim?

9. HungryHippos

Sgarrista

I am about to switch from EE to BT Mobile on a similar kind of thing.

BT Black Friday deals for existing BT BB customers means I can get:

3GB Data 4G
    500 Minutes
    Unlimited Texts

All for £8/month. Also get £40 amazon vouchers :)

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/mobile/sim-only-deals/

The joker at EE tried to tell me the £8.99 deal they were offering me was somehow better, and I would lose my "loyalty bonus" which is pretty much just the only way they can compete with other prices.

Got my PAC code sorted anyway.

10. demonix

Wise Guy

Probably not as more often then not, MVNO SIM cards won't work with phones that run on the network they are using.

11. loltim

Capodecina

Anyone seen the tariffs?

The only tariffs I was interested in aren't exclusive to plusnet mobile customers :/

12. phil-k

Wise Guy

I use Three PAYG at the moment for when I go abroad as I do not get roaming charges, I cannot see the same offer from Plusnet with this offer

13. loltim

Capodecina

I get 4gb with unlimited calls/data with Three for £11 on a 30 day rolling contract so I can't see any of the plusnet plans tempting me tbh, especially with Three feel at home (Intl roaming).

Plusnet/EE signal would be better out in the countryside but that's about the only perk.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2016
  14. Ice Globe

Wise Guy

I've signed up for this, shifting from Giffgaff's £7.50 offering to Plusnet's £7.50 offering with double data.

Now just waiting for my number to transfer. It seems ridiculous that in today's instant technology that one has to wait more than an entire day when their old number is completely unrecognised! I'll happily wait a day or more for a transfer, just don't deactivate my old number for so long! :mad:

15. gort

Wise Guy

Did this last week but for the £10 deals. It says to allow 2 days for porting but it actually took 5 days to port. Signal and speeds same as giffgaff for me. Just getting an extra 3gb data and 500 mins for the same price.

16. Em3bbs

Soldato

Yes well it depends how the MNO sets up the MVNO - Tesco and GiffGaff SIMs will work in O2 locked phones because they use the same MCC (Mobile Country Code) and MNC (Mobile Network Code) as O2 - 234/10.

I expect EE will setup a different MCC/MNC though for this, it doesn't make any sense not to.

17. Ice Globe

Wise Guy

It took 3 days overall to port which I don't have an issue with. Just wish there wouldn't be a 30-40 hour window when my old number is uncontactable.

18. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Got my sim card today, will probably wait until after xmas to port over now.

19. gort

Wise Guy

Yeah, the 5 days didn't really bother me either. Don't remember having a drop out at all though. The actual port must have taken an hour or two tops.
    What was a nice surprise though was plusnet emailed me to apologise for the length of time it took and have credited me with one month's free subscription.

20. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

I have my PAC but i didnt really want to be without my phone number tomorrow, I take it your old number worked until the couple of hours it took to port?