Plusnet Discussion Thread

Caporegime
In two minds about changing providers, mum and dad are on plusnet fibre and love it.

I am on Infinity 1 BT paying £44.99 which is going up to £47 in April. And get full 52 meg out of them with 8-9 ping. Part of my thinks what happens if I change and get problems, or Plus net are advertising 18 month contract 51-76mb at £32.50 per month. + £25 admin fee

I just switched from BT to plusnet on that 18month deal. Totally painless.

Associate
Moved from BT to plusnet about 3 weeks ago,so far no problems,not getting close to 76mb but already knew that would be the case so no complaints,50 odd mb and around 15mb up so fine for me,paying £28 a month

Commissario
I'm on BT Infinity getting 74Mbps down and 18.5Mbps up but considering moving to save some money. If Plusnet can offer me a better deal, is there any reason not to move to them? If I take my phone line, I'd want inclusive calls overnight as I have a unit here which makes an outgoing call to a London number at stupid O'clock in the morning every day.

Or do BT offer deals to keep people these days? I've never done this sort of thing before.

Caporegime
Yeah BT will quote if you phone up and ask them for a new contract. Make sure to have plusnets best price to hand to haggle.

If you have to switch its painless as BT own plusnet anyway.

Commissario
Looks like Plusnet do a deal I'd be happy with - £36.49/month which is the top broadband including calls to landlines and mobiles 24/7 which is better than I currently have. I don't get calls to mobiles included with BT and that can be a pain sometimes.
Time to call BT tomorrow I think.

/edit - I see I can get a static IP as well for a one off cost of a fiver. I think I might just move.

Commissario
Moved from BT to plusnet about 3 weeks ago,so far no problems,not getting close to 76mb but already knew that would be the case so no complaints,50 odd mb and around 15mb up so fine for me,paying £28 a month
@tonyli3 - How are your speeds compared to what they were before or haven't you gone from a comparable package? I really want to keep the same speeds I've currently got if I move.

Associate
@tonyli3 - How are your speeds compared to what they were before or haven't you gone from a comparable package? I really want to keep the same speeds I've currently got if I move.
I was on standard upto 52mb with BT,used to average 47-48mb and 8-9mb up,already knew before changing to plusnet that my line wasn't upto much more,so getting bit over 50mb and decent upload improvement of 14-15mb is what I expected.

Commissario
Right, this was unexpected. Earlier today I was looking on the Quidco site but none of the linked Plusnet deals were of interest to me.
I've just had an email telling me that £40 cashback has tracked!

Caporegime
Right, this was unexpected. Earlier today I was looking on the Quidco site but none of the linked Plusnet deals were of interest to me.
I've just had an email telling me that £40 cashback has tracked!
It will get rejected when they realise you didn't compete the transaction.

Commissario
I did complete a transaction, it's got the amount spent and everything. I wasn't expecting it, it'll be nice if it happens but I won't be jumping up and down if it doesn't.

Man of Honour
Bloody hell they're cheap! The missus hasn't got broadband at her flat and is looking at a new SIM only deal so I'll let her know.

I'm on a business contract with EE so not open to me sadly.

Man of Honour
I've seen a notice on their website.

I've paid up front for line rental, does it usually get added on as a surcharge on the monthly bill?

Back
Top Bottom