Plusnet Discussion Thread

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Sorry, misread it. It's £33.98 for their 38 (but still not £26.98!)
Am currently on 76.
By logging out I get it cheaper. They obviously want me to log in to my account and then select a new contract at the higher rates.
I'll work out their best deal for new customers and factor in Quidco cashback then give them a call.

Caporegime
Sounds ideal, is this the current new customer deal on the website or am I better off calling? We won't be moving for another six weeks or so (depending on the usual house buying shenanigans).
When you're ready, send me a trust message as its a staff introduce a friend deal. Ideally two weeks notice or so as Fibre activations take about that long.

Soldato
Think I'm.going to order today for their fibre unlimited.80/20 through Quidco with £100 cashback. 29.99 a month line rental included , no call add ons

I'm.due to complete on property end of month.. so

If I order tomorrow, it looks like £49.99 BT charge, £15 activation fee, then 29.99 for first month. Does that first month start from when the circuit is active (probably a few weeks ) ? Then will last a whole month? Until.next due date?

Has anyone Managed to get the activation wavered. I want to do it via Quidco so I get cashback..apparently on quidcos site it says expiring in 1 day

Soldato
I can't see how you can order anything for a property you don't own yet.

They always seem to have a cashback offer of some sort so don't worry too much about missing this one.

Soldato
It takes two.weeks for.line to be activated. So I will be completing in around 2 or 2.5 weeks.

I work a few days a week from home.so would be good to have it ready before I move in rather than be 2 weeks without broadband

Edit: just ordered. Although weirdly quidco were saying £100 cashback .it tracked at £85.

Order placed , if anything goes wrong with sale of house ( doubtful) aslong as I give up to 2+ days notice before any engineering visits.it will be cancelled and I will be refunded. Also if need be I could move the engineer dates if needed , but I have aimed.for 30th

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Got an appointment Friday morning to get my line fixed. This will be the 3rd engineer visit :rolleyes:

Openreach have kept insisting the line is fine despite the disconnects and that my upstream SNR drops like a stone (causing errors and re-sync at lolspeed) when the landline is used. I've had the line box, the faceplate and the VDSL cabling changed plus bought a new corded landline phone to test.

Plusnet have been pretty good with communications and have been calling me daily to provide updates,

Soldato
Do you think the world is getting more stupid.

Today I phoned Plusnet about connection issues and had to explain that my house has a VDSL face plate and that I don't need micro filters, worse I was actually explaining what an open reach VDSL face place was, and that it had the filter inside it. I was then telling him it had 2 connections, one to the modem and one to the phones, and I still don't think he understood.

Then to top it off I mentioned my Draytek Vigor 2860n was 4 years old and he suggested I change it as it's 4 years old.

How do people have a job in ISP customer support and be so clueless. I work as a software engineer I sometimes work on really complicated systems there is a lot to know, how can you work in ISP support and not know what a VDSL face plate is.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you think the world is getting more stupid.

Today I phoned Plusnet about connection issues and had to explain that my house has a VDSL face plate and that I don't need micro filters, worse I was actually explaining what an open reach VDSL face place was, and that it had the filter inside it. I was then telling him it had 2 connections, one to the modem and one to the phones, and I still don't think he understood.

Then to top it off I mentioned my Draytek Vigor 2860n was 4 years old and he suggested I change it as it's 4 years old.

How do people have a job in ISP customer support and be so clueless. I work as a software engineer I sometimes work on really complicated systems there is a lot to know, how can you work in ISP support and not know what a VDSL face plate is.
VDSL faceplates have been part of Sky's training since the very early Openreach Engineer install and Fibre modem days. We even got a heads up on the new NTE5c with pre-filtered and normal pictures sent round to us. If he really didn't know what one was then their training is severely lacking.

From what customers moving over to us from PlusNet have said the queues to get help are massive but the help itself once you get through is normally good. With all the advertising they've been doing it sounds like they've bitten off more customers than they can deal with.

Soldato
VDSL faceplates have been part of Sky's training since the very early Openreach Engineer install and Fibre modem days. We even got a heads up on the new NTE5c with pre-filtered and normal pictures sent round to us. If he really didn't know what one was then their training is severely lacking.

From what customers moving over to us from PlusNet have said the queues to get help are massive but the help itself once you get through is normally good. With all the advertising they've been doing it sounds like they've bitten off more customers than they can deal with.

I've been with Plusnet and over 4 years overall i'm really happy with them. Because I work in IT industry I'm fast at understanding technology, however was really surprised by lack of knowledge from this Plusnet support chap.

It's not just things like this, the other year I was an executor on a deceased estate and often I would be telling people in banks / share registrars etc things that they should be telling me. I think there are many people in jobs and they only know the very basic to be able to perform their role.

Associate
My Plusnet contract is up for renewal and the retention offer they gave me is £28.98 for 18 months Unlimited Fibre Extra (£12.49 broadband and £197.88 line rental saver / £16.49 each month) which is 49p more than my previous 12 months contract, should I take up on this deal or keep ringing for a better offer?

Also, I have looked back a few pages and seen some people got the Vodafone price match of £26-27 but now Vodafone price is £30.

Back
Top Bottom