Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
OP
Mine is 18 months Unlimited Fibre Extra (£7.01) with line only £18.99. I wouldn't bother with line rental saver because it not much saving for 12 months but if PN do have 18 months line rental saver, I would take it because it will do the same contract eg 18 months.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
My Plusnet contract is up for renewal and the retention offer they gave me is £28.98 for 18 months Unlimited Fibre Extra (£12.49 broadband and £197.88 line rental saver / £16.49 each month) which is 49p more than my previous 12 months contract, should I take up on this deal or keep ringing for a better offer?

Also, I have looked back a few pages and seen some people got the Vodafone price match of £26-27 but now Vodafone price is £30.

As a new customer last week I signed up for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra for 18 months £27.99/month and £85 TopCashback, so you might have a bit more movement?

Associate
As a new customer last week I signed up for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra for 18 months £27.99/month and £85 TopCashback, so you might have a bit more movement?

I took the same deal with the cashback, moving from BT (contract just ended) to PlusNet, changeover is the 17th of this month :).

Soldato
My Plusnet contract is up for renewal and the retention offer they gave me is £28.98 for 18 months Unlimited Fibre Extra (£12.49 broadband and £197.88 line rental saver / £16.49 each month) which is 49p more than my previous 12 months contract, should I take up on this deal or keep ringing for a better offer?

Also, I have looked back a few pages and seen some people got the Vodafone price match of £26-27 but now Vodafone price is £30.
I got £28/mo for my mum a couple of weeks ago, so you could try that. They shouldn't factor in line rental saver or referral discounts when matching offers though: I got the £26/mo Vodafone offer matched but then once you factor in their price increase of £1/mo (the offer was from before this date), saving £2.50/mo using line rental saver, and saving £2.50/mo for my referrals, I pay £22/mo in total.

Soldato
So basically instead of there being a £1 price rise every 9-12 months and being able to leave your contract, instead your prices simply won't rise for your contract. I'm pretty sure that's how it used to work anyway?

maj

maj

Soldato
My Plusnet activated today which is good, the bad news is that my cashback claim seems to have not registered. I thought it might appear in my account once my subscription became activate but sadly not. I've logged a claim with the cashback company so will see what happens.

When I say it hasn't appeared in my account, I mean that there's no record of me making the purchase. I know you don't get the money straightaway.

Associate
Like many, I'm thinking of moving to PlusNet from BT. Currently have BT Fibre 1 package, line rental and BT TV essential which I never bothered to call up and cancel lol.

PlusNet say when I order with them I don't have to contact BT at all and they do everything? Then they say "check with your provider to see what charges you might be due".

Since the BT announcement, will I be under any charges from BT since Broadband and Phone is going up? I'm abit confused. It seems like they have you both ways if you have more than just broadband or am I missing something?

Soldato
Like many, I'm thinking of moving to PlusNet from BT. Currently have BT Fibre 1 package, line rental and BT TV essential which I never bothered to call up and cancel lol.

PlusNet say when I order with them I don't have to contact BT at all and they do everything? Then they say "check with your provider to see what charges you might be due".

Since the BT announcement, will I be under any charges from BT since Broadband and Phone is going up? I'm abit confused. It seems like they have you both ways if you have more than just broadband or am I missing something?
Interested in this too, I’m looking at doing the same.

Caporegime

Interested in this too, I’m looking at doing the same.

Unless you notify BT within 28 days of receiving the price rise letter that you intend to leave then they may still hold you to a contract. With associated charges.

Associate
That's what the ultimate question is I guess. Is PlusNet contacting BT notification of intent to leave without charges even if only part of your package is going up in price.

maj

maj

Soldato
Being doing a bit of port forwarding and my home pc is only recognised by its mac address rather than host name. Anyone else experienced that before? I thought it was due to IP6 being enabled but I've turned that off and it's still doing it.

@FreeStream no problems here per se but I've had it less than 24 hours so it's still fluctuating.

Associate
Can't get a definitive answer. If I was to get the £23.99 package (average 36mb download), what upload speed do you get?

Soldato
That's what the ultimate question is I guess. Is PlusNet contacting BT notification of intent to leave without charges even if only part of your package is going up in price.
I received my email from BT yesterday. I suppose if I call BT and let them know that I'm leaving for PlusNet, then start the transfer then all is well.

Soldato
OP
Openreach should charge onto the ISPs to pass onto customers as follow:

1-9 Mbps £2.99
10-19 Mbps £4.99
20-29 Mbps £6.99
30-40 Mbps £9.99
41-55 Mbps £13.99
56-80 Mbps £19.99

Back
Top Bottom