Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
OP
Got a cracking deal with Plusnet staying for another 12 months contract for FTTC 80/20 with line only for just £22.50 all credit thanks to Gandalf (PN Staff) plus £5 further reduced from my referral scheme to get this price down to £17.50.
smiley.gif

Going to stick and staying with PN.

Associate
Got a cracking deal with Plusnet staying for another 12 months contract for FTTC 80/20 with line only for just £22.50 all credit thanks to Gandalf (PN Staff) plus £5 further reduced from my referral scheme to get this price down to £17.50.
smiley.gif

Going to stick and staying with PN.
Mines up in Feb so I hope I can get something similar. Gandalf has helped me on the forums several times. Nice bloke.

Soldato
For those that renewed recently, may I ask why did you stick with Plusnet instead of switching to Vodafone (£23/mo plus up to £85 cashback)? Is it customer service, lack of hassle, lots of referral discounts perhaps?

Caporegime
For those that renewed recently, may I ask why did you stick with Plusnet instead of switching to Vodafone (£23/mo plus up to £85 cashback)? Is it customer service, lack of hassle, lots of referral discounts perhaps?

£27 per month for unlimited fibre extra was cheaper than everywhere else...and talk talk and the like not heard great things...

my plusnet just works...and it’s cheaper than BT who own it...

Soldato

I'm about to renew, however I can't get any clarification if Vodafone offer static IP to residential users.

Associate
£27 per month for unlimited fibre extra was cheaper than everywhere else...and talk talk and the like not heard great things...

my plusnet just works...and it’s cheaper than BT who own it...

I switched 4 weeks ago from plusnet fibre to sky superfast with boost and anytime calls for £20 a month for 18 months so super happy with that.
£20.00
  • Sky WiFi
FREE
FREE
£17.00
  • Sky Talk Line Rental
FREE
£3.00

Best deal I could find.

Associate
@themul that totals £40pm or is it just me?

Where it says broadband and talk at the top and below that it gives you the amount of £20 that is the total and everything below is the breakdown of how it adds up to £20. So £17 for super fast fibre and £3 for boost plus free anytime calls giving you £20 in total per month.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
Can someone check something for me please? I'm trying to port forward a port so I can access Plex remotely but every port I try seems to be blocked.

I've tried at random:

Plex uses 32400 internally which I have also port forwarded. If I go onto canyouseeme.org it can see 32400 but not the external port I want Plex to use. What I've also found is that the port I use for PiVPN isn't detected on that site either yet I can connect to it from outside my network fine so not what's going on.

Can someone pick one of those ports, forward it in the PN router, and see if the port can be seen externally?

Soldato
Have you opened the ports on the machine running Plex?

Just opening the port won't do anything. There's got to be something behind it that's accessible and will provide a response.

maj

maj

Soldato
Have you opened the ports on the machine running Plex?

Just opening the port won't do anything. There's got to be something behind it that's accessible and will provide a response.

Doh of course. With it being a headless Linux server I'm having to do it via putty and found a command online which should have done it but still can't see the port open outside of the server. Will have to do more research and testing. Thanks for the help.

Associate
Anyone using a different provider for line rental? Mine is coming up end of Jan but still have 6 months fibre left so not sure. Found Post Office is cheapest at £11.50 a month compared to PN line saver at £16.49 a month!

Soldato
Anyone using a different provider for line rental? Mine is coming up end of Jan but still have 6 months fibre left so not sure. Found Post Office is cheapest at £11.50 a month compared to PN line saver at £16.49 a month!

If anything goes wrong, you absolutely do not want to be dealing with the PO CS, unless you’re the kind of person who would enjoy deep frying your genitalia while still attached. Feel free to ‘save’ £60 if that’s your thing.

Associate
If anything goes wrong, you absolutely do not want to be dealing with the PO CS, unless you’re the kind of person who would enjoy deep frying your genitalia while still attached. Feel free to ‘save’ £60 if that’s your thing.

LOL, no thanks. Just renewed with PN as PO don't allow BB with anyone else! Had to do it before they bump up the prices before December 3rd or something.

Back
Top Bottom