PMQ'S

Soldato
Didn't watch it, fancy giving us a precis and/or quotes of the more salient parts you wish to discuss with your opinions?

Associate
just standard corbyn bringing up the nhs failing and maggymay avoiding questions like a dodgydave apprentice.

But a few mp's did savage her, one especially over the pedo scandal and inquiry.

love watching her suffer

Man of Honour
It is amusing how Labour/Corbyn bang the same tired old drum over and over as if magically this time it will produce something different while May carries on the traditional of dodging the actual question while making some appropriate noises about looking into it probably hoping no one actually follows it up.

Soldato
It is amusing how Labour/Corbyn bang the same tired old drum over and over as if magically this time it will produce something different while May carries on the traditional of dodging the actual question while making some appropriate noises about looking into it probably hoping no one actually follows it up.

What else can Labour do? PMQs isn't a debate. It's absolutely appalling that it seems to be ok for the Prime Minister to not answer a question. It's been going on for years and renders PMQs utterly pointless.

Soldato
It's absolutely appalling that it seems to be ok for the Prime Minister to not answer a question. It's been going on for years and renders PMQs utterly pointless.

I used to watch them with some disbelief, now I just find the whole charade pathetic.
Politics needs a serious kick up the arse.

Caporegime
Anything about these so called 'child' migrants I seem to be reading a lot about?

"Several hundred" more children will arrive in Britain from Calais's "Jungle" camp in the next three weeks, Home Secretary Amber Rudd has said.

She told MPs they would be in addition to the 200 children who had already arrived - which included 60 girls, many at risk of sexual exploitation.

Mrs Rudd blamed delays in processing vulnerable children on French officials not granting access to the camp sooner.

Labour's Diane Abbott accused the Home Office of "hiding behind the French".

...Addressing MPs, Mrs Rudd said the children chosen to come to the UK would be selected on the basis of three factors - how likely they were to be granted refugee status, whether they were aged 12 years or under, and whether they were at high risk of sexual exploitation.

Britain will not consider any children who arrive in the Jungle after the process of clearance began, she added, to discourage more from travelling to Calais.

She told the Commons, 800 children had already been interviewed by UK officials in the camp - saying some interviews with children had to be "paused" for staff safety reasons.

Between "200 to 300 more" would be interviewed in the coming weeks, she said, but added that not all of them would come to the UK.

(Source).

Soldato
When discussing the rejection or acceptance of refugees into the UK, it should be remembered that while setting out her plans as Home Secretary at the Conservative Party Conference Amber Rudd quoted Mein Kampf.

Man of Honour
I used to watch them with some disbelief, now I just find the whole charade pathetic.

The biggest charade is that the governing party are allowed to ask questions. These usually take the form: "Does the PM agree that they are a god-like human being running a perfect party which never makes any mistakes?" Given the hours of debates where sycophancy is permitted, it seems utterly stupid for it to be allowed in the short period of time that should (in theory) be devoted entirely to Opposition questions.

Associate
I think Theresa May has done an excellent job so far. Whilst the labour party tear themselves apart and try to do everything possible to delay the brexit process or to make it fail Theresa is just getting on with the job.
Jeremy Corbyn is in for a complete wipeout come the next election.

Soldato
When discussing the rejection or acceptance of refugees into the UK, it should be remembered that while setting out her plans as Home Secretary at the Conservative Party Conference Amber Rudd quoted Mein Kampf.

Not that I'm one for defending Tories, but it doesn't look like that is correct?

On googling it seems LBC presenter James O'Brien read out a section of Mein Kampf on his show, saying it was Amber Rudds speech, but that was just to highlight what he said was comparable rhetoric of the two, not direct quoting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-hitler-mein-kampf-james-obrien-a7347251.html

Soldato
Not that I'm one for defending Tories, but it doesn't look like that is correct?

On googling it seems LBC presenter James O'Brien read out a section of Mein Kampf on his show, saying it was Amber Rudds speech, but that was just to highlight what he said was comparable rhetoric of the two, not direct quoting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-hitler-mein-kampf-james-obrien-a7347251.html

well done !

However, I doubt that will stop the 'internet error repeat operation', and somehow the quote will be attributed as fact and inserted into Wiki.

Soldato

I've read Rudd's speech. You're correct in that it's not a direct quote, but the section on immigration focuses heavily on the differences between people who live in the UK and people who just come here to earn a living or get an education. O'Brien did not pick out that Mein Kampf quote just for shock value; he picked it because it was something you could believe Rudd had said and because it was no different in meaning to what she did say.

On which note, Rudd absolutely did say "British jobs for British workers", which was the slogan of the BNP and decidedly racist no matter how you slice it.

Soldato
I've read Rudd's speech. You're correct in that it's not a direct quote, but the section on immigration focuses heavily on the differences between people who live in the UK and people who just come here to earn a living or get an education. O'Brien did not pick out that Mein Kampf quote just for shock value; he picked it because it was something you could believe Rudd had said and because it was no different in meaning to what she did say.

Yea, agreed, it's just it gets portrayed that she directly quoted from it. We've got so much actual stuff we can use against the Tories there's no need to misrepresent things :p

On which note, Rudd absolutely did say "British jobs for British workers", which was the slogan of the BNP and decidedly racist no matter how you slice it.

Then again, so did Gordon Brown. I'd class it as a nationalist statement rather than a racist one.

Last edited: