***Point of View HDMI Smart TV Dongle + Mini-Review!!***

OcUK Staff
Hi there

This weekend I finally got round to testing this:-

Point of View HDMI Smart TV Dongle with Bluetooth Keyboard @ £89.99 inc VAT

TB-013-PV_400.jpg

Turn Any TV with HDMI into a Smart TV using the POV HDMI Smart TV dongle bundled with a Bluetooth Keyboard and track pad combo.

The POV HDMI Smart TV dongle is a powerful, full featured Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean device. It is small, light and easy to install.

When Installed on your TV through an available HDMI port and connected to your home network using the built in Wi-Fi enjoy plenty of hours downloading online apps from Google's Play Store, playing games, listening to music, watching videos, streaming media, browsing the web or catching up with your emails and social networking activities.

Features:-
- A powerful, dual core Android device the size of a candy bar
- Included: a handy mini keyboard with full QWERTY layout and track pad
- Thousands of apps available in Google's Play Store
- Upgradeable with a Micro SD card up to 32 GB

Specification:-
- Product Code TV-HDMI-200BT
- Dual core A9 (1.6 GHz)
- Quad core Mali-400 3D Graphics
- 1GB DDR3 memory
- 4GB Internal storage memory
- Expandable memory up to 32 GB (MicroSD)
- HDMI 1.4
- Full size USB2.0 Host, 1 x micro USB 2.0 for charging, 1 x Micro for devices
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with multimedia launcher
- Google Play Pre-installed
- Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad
- 2 Years Warranty

Was [£99.95] Inc. VAT

Only £89.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I've taken so long to test it as I simply thought it would be well rather naff and did not really see its potential.

Anyway initial setup was annoying, because the supplied keyboard does not work until you've paired it and well you guessed it to pair it you need a USB mouse, which I did not have. So cue a one hour drive to OcUK and back to grab a USB mouse.

Once the keyboard is paired, it works quite well. The keyboard is very easy to use and works well, though the touchpad is for my liking a little too sensitive and not very precise, but you do get use to it after using it for a while. The range on the keyboard however is excellent, they quote upto 15m and this seems to be true, the battery also last for a very long time, days infact and it recharges, so no battery expense. :)

The other downside is the WiFi, it is weak, you either need a good router with strong signal or this device needs to be close to where your router is.

Now the good stuff, it supports upto 1920x1080 at 60Hz so perfect on my Samsung TV and everything looks very sharp and crisp, even text on web browsers but my TV is a true LED model, not backlit so was a very high-end unit, £2500 cost a few years ago.

So what is the point? Well for me its perfect for watching the Chris Harris motoring videos, on the big screen without having to mess around with connecting up a tablet via a HDMI cable, this is just neat and works well. Basically it gives your TV Android 4.1 OS and all the fuctions you'd get on a tablet, so internet, games, wifi, Bluetooth etc. Plus it has a USB port making it great for connecting up a gamepad if you are playing games.

Overall a neat device which works well, but at the same time a bit of a gimmick, I shall use it for watching video's / streaming off the internet. :)

Back
Top Bottom