Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun

Soldato
Without a lot of time/effort you wont catch them all anyway. In which case why not just play the game and enjoy it?

Pokemon like Mew etc will be difficult to find!

Oh Ive completed Y already once.

But after playing Pokémon Go, I thought, why not collect them all in game and then have PokeBank account thing and keep them when I play the next iteration of the game (e.g. Sun/Moon?
)
Im sure its a massive undertaking but I will do it slowly over time :)

Could anyone clarify my query above please? Thanks.

Caporegime

But after playing Pokémon Go, I thought, why not collect them all in game and then have PokeBank account thing and keep them when I play the next iteration of the game (e.g. Sun/Moon?
)

In answer to your question you will need one of each evolution to be able to use them. For example if you evolve a squirtle to w wartortle ypu won't be able to battle it as a squirtle but it counts ws a dex entry for a squirtle.

Soldato
In answer to your question you will need one of each evolution to be able to use them. For example if you evolve a squirtle to w wartortle ypu won't be able to battle it as a squirtle but it counts ws a dex entry for a squirtle.

Ah that makes sense I guess. Thanks TRM.

Just out of curiousity, what do most people do here? Collect one of each in addition to filling the pokedex up?

Soldato
The new aloan forms looks pretty cool, but the lack of mentioning mega evolutions is a bit worrying. The new Z-move thing seems like a replacement, you need a bracelet and stone on specific pokemon to activate it once a battle after all...

And now there is talk of "synchro" evolution, which is apparently from the anime? No idea what to think about that.

Also, no gyms??? This could be a very very different pokemon game.

Associate

)

That's exactly what I've been doing. It's commonly known as a 'living Pokedex' to own one of each Pokemon. And yes, to use them in battle you will need multiple of each Pokemon and evolve some. It's not as time consuming as it could be, since the 6th gen Pokemon games have a lot of obtainable Pokemon in them. Many Pokemon can be caught multiple times in the wild since you can find them easily, but others you will need to breed. Breeding can be complicated, but the easiest thing to do is to get a Ditto. Ditto can breed with any Pokemon to produce eggs of the Pokemon it breeds with. Otherwise only certain Pokemon can breed with each other.

The trickiest part is getting some Legendaries, you will need to trade depending on which games you have. Which is why I played through the games multiple times, so I had spare Legendaries to trade for the ones that I couldn't get. For event Pokemon you will have to watch out for events and such, sometimes these are codes in stores (claimed for free) and other times they are downloadable over the internet.

This year they've slowly been going through every single event-only Pokemon so people have a chance to get them, one Pokemon each month. A good many of them have also had repeat runs for folks who have missed them. This month is Victini, downloadable over the internet and they have a re-run of Darkrai, also over the internet if you put in the code: DARKRAI2016.

I've almost completed the whole Pokedex, I've just got these last few event Pokemon to get and I'm done. It honestly hasn't taken me all that long if I'm honest, but I've not played for quite a while.

The new Z-move thing seems like a replacement, you need a bracelet and stone on specific pokemon to activate it once a battle after all...

And now there is talk of "synchro" evolution, which is apparently from the anime? No idea what to think about that.

Also, no gyms??? This could be a very very different pokemon game.

I don't like the Z-move idea. I'd rather have them keep Mega-evolutions. The Z-move idea seems to remove a bit more strategy from the game, players can just spam this powerful move to win. I don't like the anime, so synchro-evolution is similarly an unwanted Mega-evolution replacement.

No gyms is the only interesting thing, changing things up a bit is a good thing instead of adding layers of crap on top like the other 2 ideas. I'm worried these new games will be too easy, especially after the gen 6 games. They're making competitive Pokemon too easy to get too, with the IV ribbons and all. I prefered the way it was in gen 6, where even the new EV training required some effort and time investment.

Soldato
Glad mega evolutions are still in the game, but if the datamining is to be believed, there are no new megas. Trailer suggests they share some functionality with Z-moves, so maybe it is you can mega evolve a poke, or use a single Z-move per battle?

Looking like this game will have some of the biggest changes to the series yet - No gyms, Ultra beasts, no legendary trio, Elite four could be different, HM moves potentially replaced by riding pokemon. Going to be an interesting release, all those dance moves are going to do my nut in though.

Soldato
Only a few days to go (hoping the rain-forest is naughty and gets me the game early) and I'll get to start Moon.

Not overly enthusiastic about any of the starters. For the first time in my Pokemon history will I be starting with a Fire type! Usually always start water (apart from White where I went Grass) but I don't like the look of the clown-seal.

I'm thinking about getting a few level 1-5 Pokemon from my bank and starting with those. Maybe a Deino (Dragon) or a Larvesta (Bug/Fire).

If I'm able to trade my glitched Mew over to my bank then I may start yellow again and start with a Mew!

Associate
I caved and ordered a Steelbook version of Moon from the official Nintendo site... worst value for money but I like the collectible physical tat they include. I'm still in the middle of finishing my 3rd play-through of Omega Ruby, I won't touch Moon till I've got to end-game.

Soldato
I literally bought my 3DS for Pokemon Y so apart from Zelda that came with it Pokemon Moon will be my only other game. Pretty excited and I've an 8 hour boat to take on Saturday :)

Man of Honour
I'm going to be casually playing this through with my girlfriend... I've been delegated moon, ffs.

Is there an option to 'handicap Pokémon' when fighting others online so your level 50s don't go up against level 100s? If so it would be fun to get some OCUK battles on the go - I don't have time to grind pokies these days!

Soldato
I've got an entire box dedicated to my level 100s. My level 100 Archeops with the acrobatics attack is insane.

Amazon has posted Moon but still saying tomorrow for delivery. Hoping it'll be there when I get home.

Soldato
I'm going to be casually playing this through with my girlfriend... I've been delegated moon, ffs.

Is there an option to 'handicap Pokémon' when fighting others online so your level 50s don't go up against level 100s? If so it would be fun to get some OCUK battles on the go - I don't have time to grind pokies these days!

Yeah I think there is the option for that in online battles, to auto balance pokes to L50 or L100.

Only a few days to go (hoping the rain-forest is naughty and gets me the game early) and I'll get to start Moon.

Not overly enthusiastic about any of the starters. For the first time in my Pokemon history will I be starting with a Fire type! Usually always start water (apart from White where I went Grass) but I don't like the look of the clown-seal.

I'm thinking about getting a few level 1-5 Pokemon from my bank and starting with those. Maybe a Deino (Dragon) or a Larvesta (Bug/Fire).

If I'm able to trade my glitched Mew over to my bank then I may start yellow again and start with a Mew!

Pokebank won't work with sun/moon until January I'm afraid.

Soldato
Ordered for my gf from amazon tday, says delivery tomorrow but never had a successful preorder from them! Looking forward to an email tomorrow saying its coming next week or something :D

Back
Top Bottom